Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First autox with 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I took my 914 out on the course last Saturday and had a blast. I will show a few of the pictures here. As you will see I have some work to do on the suspension. Next week I will be working on the shift linkage and bushing since I like to miss gears (and so did another friend that races his 914 on the track).

Enjoy (sorry about the size)

Can you scape the ground? smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

For more pics see the link below and go to the Parkland-autox album.

Auto-X
skline
That is a nice color green. Is that a factory color? You need sway bars really bad. ohmy.gif
914fire
what size rubber are you running on?
Trekkor
Good pictures. Reminds me of my first a/x.

So, ya hooked?

KT
McMark
Looks to be Irish Green.
mikelsr
The color is Irish Green and yes it is a factory color (or as close to it as the PO could get). It was repainted about 10-12 years ago. It is an epoxy paint or so th PO told me.

The PO put an adjustable Weltmeister front sway bar on it and I am trying to figure out how to adjust it. I am looking around on the net for instructions on adjusting the bar, (starting point, when to adjust it, etc). So if you know how to do it and and want to inform an old man I would appreciate it.

The tires are 205/50VR-15 Yokohama AVS ES100. Got them from Tire Rack.

This is my second year of autoxing. driving.gif Last year I used my Boxster and my wife told me that I couldn't run it anymore and that I needed to buy a different car for racing! mueba.gif What a woman! So you are looking at what I bought.

Over all it was a success on the first outing with the car. The second is coming up at the end of the month.

Joe Ricard
Yup you can tell he really did like Autocross in the teener when: the 1st statement is "it was a blast"! smilie_pokal.gif
Welt bar about 1 inch from the end is a good starting point. I have been on the fence for awhile on rear bar but will start this coming wekend with it disconnected.
Nice choice of tires my son has them on his Focus that he AX's and I have them as street tires.

Yea shift bushings are critical to getting these cars 1 step above granny shift. tight courses 2nd gear and leave it. The power band is wide enough to reach from feature to feature under 6500 RPM and pulls hard enough to get out of the corner because you can carry enough speed. STAY OFF ThE BRAKES and ON THE GAS. Nice car
mikelsr
Thanks a lot! It is a lot different than the Boxster. I feel like it can throw the teener around a lot more than the Boxster.

What tires are you running on your teener on the track?
Joe Ricard
Kumhos V700 Ecsta 205/50-15 on Fuchs..... I'm about @ 3/32" right now and still waiting for the rims to come in for my "A" compound Hoosiers
nynone4
Was this at the Parkland event last weekend? Nice to see another fairly local guy using his 914 as it should be used! Do you ever go to any of the events in Rantoul?
mikelsr
Yes it was the Parkland event last weekend. I will be going to most of the Rantoul events., I am a member of the sports car club that puts them on. I live in Mahomet (just west of Champaign).
nynone4
Cool! I'm in East Peoria. I go to quite a few of the Rantoul events - but I've been running my Cooper S in SM for the past couple years while I get my six back together. I hope to have it out before the end of the season.

Your car looks nice! Can't wait to see it in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.