Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intro for a new '73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krohn
By way of introductions...
The Car: 1973 2.0 Olympic Blue. Completely original (as far as I know). Bought new by my grandmother, passed to my father, my sister and (finally) on to me. ~50,000 miles with an odometer which is currently broken, but with very limited mileage in the past 10 years. Has a dealer installed air conditioner, all the factory books/tools/pieces, and thick rubber mats on the engine firewall and rear trunk that I've never seen before. Just driven from CO to CA without problems. Somehow got it registered in CA even though it has lost all of the engine bay stickers at some point in life. Zeibart added, which has kept the body in relatively good condition.

Rust? yes. Oil drip? yes. NARP? yes. Fun? yes.

Me: I've been trying to get this car for the past 15 years, so it's been a long time coming. Been lurking here for the past while once I knew I was actually going to get the car, trying to get a handle on what I'm getting myself into.

The Plan: Drive it. Fix it. Drive it some more.
Click to view attachment
TM_Corey
Beautiful car and 2x as cool since it's a one family car!! Keep it nice and pass it on to another family member years from now.
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Car looks great. agree.gif with The Plan beerchug.gif
914_7T3
Absolutely gorgeous and a highly desirable '73 2.0! Congratulations!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

welcome.png
burton73
Great Car, great color great story. Enjoy it

Bob B
welcome.png
iwanta914-6
The third most desired year/model (only behind the -6 and LE) in one of the best colors available! Congrats and very cool that it has stayed in your family for it's entire existence.
green914
Great looking car! welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! Nice Score! beerchug.gif

Personally I think the 73 2.0 is the most desired! You did good.
Tom_T
welcome.png ... & smilie_pokal.gif for keeping it in the family! smile.gif

So why not bring it out to some SoCal car events, now that you've got 'er washed up there!?

The rest of you SoCal types come on out too - & yes - you can enter & display engine changed 914s/Porsches (SC3 for engine swaps &/or SC2 for AX/Racers)!

EDIT: I'm not sure where you're at in SoCal Krohn, but there's fun car stuff going on all over now, including several Cars-n-Coffee Saturdays 6-10+/- am at several venues - including at Enderele Center in Tustin this & every Sat.

PS _ I now see Santa Barbara shown for you - your Concours will be 10/8, & here is the link to your SB Region PCA FYI -

http://sba.pca.org/default.html

I also see that the GPX folks are doing a drive up to Solvang on 6/10, so you could hook up with them once they're in your area to tag along for the halibut! -

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/gpx-to...and-prix-006574

Personally, if it were me, I'd stay & eat at the Cold Springs Tavern off SR154! chowtime.gif

If you're a PCA member or want to consider joining, there are breakfasts & doughnut/coffee gatherings almost every week in SoCal - if you're in OC, then come to our OCR Breakfast at Original Mike's in Santa Ana 7-10-ish - & park your 914 in the blue area of the cone zone, & ask for membership info when you get there if not yet a member.

There is the Steve McQueen multi-marque car show at Boys Republic in Chino Hills this Sat. 6/3 -

https://stevemcqueencarshow.com/

Then 6/4 Sunday is the GPX Region has their Concours at the Lakewood CC on this to either enter (suggest you start with W&S or Street or Preservation if 75% original paint & interior), or to disply - both are with or without the sit-down buffet lunch fee, or just to come see some purdy Porsches (I'll be judging there, so look me up) -

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/collee...and-prix-552109

And then 6/17 Sat. is our OC Region Concours at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley (same rules, etc.) -

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-oc...ge-coast-160197

And Foountain Valley Elks have another multi-marque car show there at the end of the month of June too!

Remember y'all, that these PCA shows are just car shows, & the public is welcome - as are 914s to visit, display or show (latter 2 requires membership &/or a fee)!

Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
napasteve
Outstanding! Love the year and color! (same as mine....) Drive the S out of it!

What month was your car manufactured? My sticker is 5/73.
PanelBilly
Great color for a teener! Nice to see that its stayed in the family all these years. If you get tired of it call Uncle Billy First...

Welcome
poorsche914
QUOTE(Krohn @ Jun 1 2017, 02:01 PM) *
... The Plan: Drive it. Fix it. Drive it some more.

That's the same plan I had for my 914 when I bought it except I had to start with "Fix it." dry.gif
Been daily driving it ever since.

driving.gif
steuspeed
Sweet ride! You should be at the West Coast Ramble right now. driving.gif

Get the JWest fog light upgrade and a 350mm Momo Prototipo steering wheel.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Congratulations on getting a great car. Now please drive it. beerchug.gif
gcrotvik
Beautiful car! Seeing it makes me wish I hadn't sold my Olympic Blue 74.
porschetub
Cool story great to here you finally got it,nothing like knowing the past owners biggrin.gif ,drive and enjoy ,best advice is to do a rolling resto,because the car has low mileage you may need to check it over ,they don't like not being used.
Start with safety issues,brakes and fuel system and slowly move to the less important items,then move on to cosmetics.
As you may know there a a fair amount of upgrades you can perform later to make the car more of fun driving experience,I have done several and each time my car gets better from those changes.
Looks a clean car but we need more photo's please.
Lastly welcome.png
funk
its about time people realize these cars are heirlooms. Of coarse its priceless.
Larmo63
Second most desirable in my opinion.

I'd rather have that than a LE. You can't modify an LE.

sawzall-smiley.gif
Frankvw
Nice ! Welcome.
So...you had to wait for your turn to own it....must be hell to have a sister that could have it first while she was not driving it a lot the last 10 years....
At least it is now more vintage !
Have fun.
arne
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 1 2017, 09:20 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif

+1

An LE is just different colors and stuff. Rare, but nothing really special to me. I'd much rather have a '73-74 2.0.

Oh wait, I do have one!

I wish mine looked as good as this one. Great looking example!
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 2 2017, 04:20 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif

Would rather have anything rather than an LE for what they are not,sorry don't see the hype,the OP has a nice car with a cool colour and a great history....gold really in my book.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 2 2017, 01:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 2 2017, 04:20 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif

Would rather have anything rather than an LE for what they are not,sorry don't see the hype,the OP has a nice car with a cool colour and a great history....gold really in my book.

The painted Mahles are too much for me! I guess it an acquired taste.
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.