Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O-Ring Source Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Does anyone know of a source for the taco plate o-ring other than Pelican Parts? The last one I bought from them was too large in diameter and caused leaks. The inner diameter is supposed to be 77mm. The one they sent me measured 79mm or greater. I have purchased a billet plate from Jonesy and want to install the correct sized 0-ring. Thanks in advance.

Ansbacher
'74 2.0L
arne
The one I got from Pelican last week appears to measure 76-77mm on the inside, as best I can tell measuring while trying to hold it round.
Ansbacher
Thanks Arne, maybe their latest batch of O-rings is correct. Guess I'll give them another try.

Ansbacher

QUOTE(arne @ Jun 2 2017, 01:20 PM) *

The one I got from Pelican last week appears to measure 76-77mm on the inside, as best I can tell measuring while trying to hold it round.

eyesright
Might not be too hard to find locally. My local machine shop also has a retail space for bearings and O-rings. I just take my parts there and we find an O-ring that does nicely.
914Sixer
The one I got was large too. Try and find something in viton (sp)
arne
QUOTE(arne @ Jun 2 2017, 10:20 AM) *

I plan to try to replace mine with the new one from Pelican in the next couple of days. Will let you all know how it fits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.