Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess who stopped by to visit...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Jacco stopped by on his way to Spokane and dropped off a book for me. Jacco is the "other" Dutch guy and Monique and Jacco were having a good talk although I couldn't understand much of what was said. wacko.gif
I loaded me up with Strop Waffles too, yum yum.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ May 11 2005, 10:56 PM)
were having a good talk although I couldn't understand much of what was said.

don't you hate it when that happens ???

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif Andy
ThinAir
We found an import store in Phoenix called "House of Rice" that is mostly Asian foods, but has a Dutch food section. We keep stocked up on StroopWafels and Speculaasje (Windmill Cookies) - Yum!
Bleyseng
I don't know about this guy, he forgot the Windmill cookies!

Thanks Gustl for the book, and Jacco carried over here. Damn, I can read about as much of it as I can understand Dutch. Lots of cool pics thou. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
wavey.gif
Dave_Darling
Geoff, I know it's out of the way for you, but there's a pretty good Dutch specialty foods shop in the Portland area. I know they have stroop-waffels and lots of different drops (including my step-dad's favorite, doublezout!). I don't know if you get down that far south much (maybe for Camp914 visits?), but I can give you directions if you do. It's in Beaverton, out west of Portland proper.

You may be able to find something similar in your area; check the Yellow Pages. No, seriously--that's how I found this place!!

--DD
Gustl
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ May 12 2005, 03:17 PM)
Thanks Gustl for the book, ...

I'm happy to see it arrived in good condition - and I'm happy that you like it smilie_pokal.gif
I'm sure it's in good hands beerchug.gif

wavey.gif
buck toenges
Dutch Chicks Rock!!!! Not that that guy is a dutch chick but anytime I can spread the praise of Dutch chicks I will. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Jeroen's wife Christy rocks, way cool Dutch girl.

Monique, well...what can I say, she rocks!

Hmmm, I dunno if Jacco has a girl friend.

Dave, Monique and I will have to go there for a road trip. Sounds like a good place to find out about. I am typing this as I pick "drop" outta my teeth. Damn this stuff is sticky.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ May 12 2005, 11:38 AM)
... there's a pretty good Dutch specialty foods shop in the Portland area.

Lynden, Washington is a lot closer to Seattle than Portland and you can't hardly get much more of a Dutch town in the U.S. without going to Pella, Iowa or Holland, Michigan.
Bleyseng
The only thing I know about Lyden, Wa is thats is chickenfarmer country....
I guess we'll swing by to have a look see while we hold out noses. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.