Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: third thread looking for northwesteners who are seriosly buying a green tint sekurit windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
funk
we have Seattle, Portland, (Denver who could buy from so cal or Portland)and Idaho. We are hoping for a minimum of five to get our shipping costs down but, we are shooting for ten.
I would literally be a pick up point or deliver. I am willing to split them up and arrange for delivery. I am thinking it shouldn't be too bad to pack 9 windshields individually with card board and 1x4's am I dreaming? do they have to be crated? That would be a chore. I'll admit I have never shipped a windshield. Maybe I am getting in over my head?
arne
If you are going to deliver them yourself, you may be ok. But if you are planning to re-ship, you'd better talk to the shipper first to see what they require. To ship something as fragile as a windshield, they will probably require it to be properly crated for their own protection.
mepstein
We receive windshields to our shop all the time. Most companies will ship up to 5 pieces in a crate so that's what we order. The crate will be heavy and require a forklift to move. We keep the glass in the crate until we use it. Doesn't have to be all the same type of glass if you have 911 guys, 356, or someone else who needs glass.
It can be fragile once you take it out of the crate. (It's really strong until you set it down on its edge that one time and it cracks headbang.gif ) I would have people pick up rather than make promises of delivery.

Yes, it has to be in a wood crate, not plywood but at least 4 sided 1X with wood blocking between each piece of glass. The shipping company will use a forklift to move it so it has to be packed appropriately.
Cairo94507
I know I need a windshield for my Six. I definitely would love a tinted Sekurit windshield. It would have to make its way to Scotty in VA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.