Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need suck map for MJLJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am getting my Mega Jolt Light Jr programmed and I have managed to find a few charts for advance curves (degrees per RPM), but I can not find any for MAP vallues. I need to program this part for it to work. Any one have any leads, info?

This is for a 2.7SC /6
Dr. Roger
From the mfg's home page.

The normal method of recurving engine load ignition timing is to set the no load (high vacuum) timing at an extra 15 degrees over the mechanical (RPM) value. Then just use a flat line for the rest of the values, down to full load (0 vacuum). ie 5 degrees extra for about 6 inches Hg, 10 degrees extra for 12 inches, and various points in between. Then when you drive around note the RPM and vacuum readings when you hear pinging, trim these values down 2 or 3 degrees in the map, and retest. If you have no ping, then try bumping a few values up to get max output.

I love tuning. Makes a huge difference.
Hope it helps.
Dr Evil
Thanks, but is that a general table, or a 6 cyl table? Either way its a start. The advance is deffinetly off, though.
Dr Evil
Nope, its a 4, but it gives me ideas. Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.