Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Has anyone ever had any luck straightening or pounding out wheel caps? It's a shame Dads car's original set was pushed out in the 80's and screwed up. Does anyone restore these?
mepstein
Someone here wired a set that came out nice but yours look pretty beat. sad.gif
Maybe a wtb for a better set.
The first set of fuchs that I sold from my car had a new (real ones) set of caps. I sold the wheels, bolts and caps for $400 headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
I bought a repro set from 914rubber just fine - they are nice. It's just a shame the OEM ones got so wrecked and are so damn expensive if you can find them.

Tom_T
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 3 2017, 07:25 PM) *

I bought a repro set from 914rubber just fine - they are nice. It's just a shame the OEM ones got so wrecked and are so damn expensive if you can find them.

Hey Rob (see, I remembered blink.gif ) -

Good News! Porsche Classics is making them new again.

I think Jeff B. did a post where they were charging more for a set of 4, than individually, so check both. I think you can get either/both Suncoast & Sunset Porsche to give you the best prices for them, but check both.

beerchug.gif to Dad's car!
Tom
///////
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2017, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 3 2017, 07:25 PM) *

Hey Rob (see, I remembered blink.gif ) -

Good News! Porsche Classics is making them new again.

I think Jeff B. did a post where they were charging more for a set of 4, than individually, so check both. I think you can get either/both Suncoast & Sunset Porsche to give you the best prices for them, but check both.

beerchug.gif to Dad's car!
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom! I'll find out.

RobW ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
rgalla9146

Stainless is very workable and polishable.
The pictured caps can be made to look virtually new.
Finding the right old timer ( or youngster) to do the magic is the hard part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.