Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Marker removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robnxious
But for the life of me, I can't get them off, and can't find any instruction anywhere. Once I have the lens off, I see the two screws at 3 and 9, but they just keep turning and never come out. I want to replace my seals, but can't get the dang things off.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ridicule me on this one! LOL
Front yard mechanic
I found a grinder works well lol-2.gif
Rand
WTF, are you ASKING for ridicule?
Sigh, it's getting harder to figure out who is real.
Rand
These cars require some sort of mechanical intelligence. No offense intended, but at some point you have to put hands on wrenches, or just buy one that's done.
Robnxious
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 4 2017, 11:05 AM) *

These cars require some sort of mechanical intelligence. No offense intended, but at some point you have to put hands on wrenches, or just buy one that's done.

Oh, no offense taken at all being told I am mechanically inept. Especially since I have already pretty much refurbished and rebuilt (non-fab work) the entire car since I got it in November.

I KNOW I must be missing something extremely simple and I can't see it for the life of me, nor find it online, which is why I asked for help and said feel free to ridicule me for how freaking easy this is once it's pointed out to me.

But really, thanks for your help and constructive criticism. It's answers like the ones you have given to this post that make users feel welcome and free to ask for advice on here.
mepstein
Hold the small posts from inside the fender, unscrew the screws. Pinch the small post together and push gently from inside the fender.

Google a picture of the fixture and you will see how it all works.
Robnxious
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 4 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Hold the small posts from inside the fender, unscrew the screws. Pinch the small post together and push gently from inside the fender.

Google a picture of the fixture and you will see how it all works.

Thanks, I knew there was something easy to it. Just couldn't put it together. I appreciate it
Mikey914
Turn the wheel look inside the fender you will see where to squeeze.
Robnxious
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 4 2017, 04:03 PM) *

Turn the wheel look inside the fender you will see where to squeeze.

Thanks Mark, finally got those bumper tops on. They look fantastic w/ the chrome bumpers I have on it now. They were worth the wait
PanelBilly
Use one of these tools and it will come right off

Click to view attachment

The hammer, not my shoe
Robnxious
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 4 2017, 08:46 PM) *

Use one of these tools and it will come right off

The hammer, not my shoe

Thanks, don't think I didn't think about that a few times
whitetwinturbo
............AK 47 would do the trick laugh.gif
whitetwinturbo
............AK 47 would do the trick laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.