Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Switch Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
Anyone have a picture of a dash switch (1973) with the wires connected?

On mine, one of the terminals is missing a wire and I am not sure if that is supposed to be that way. See pic lower right.

My headlights pop up but not down.
Spoke
What number is that spade? Looks like 58-. It might be 58a, 58b, 58R, or 58L.
mmascari
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 4 2017, 12:40 PM) *

What number is that spade? Looks like 58-. It might be 58a, 58b, 58R, or 58L.

Pretty sure 58b
JFG
Looking at a picture of mine on a 74 it looks like there should be a multiple black with blye stripe
mmascari
QUOTE(JFG @ Jun 4 2017, 01:35 PM) *

Looking at a picture of mine on a 74 it looks like there should be a multiple black with blye stripe

Thanks, Maybe it is tucked under the dash somewhere. I will try and find it.
Chris914n6
Black with a blue stripe is gauge illumination.
mmascari
So the question is whether there is a wire that is supposed to be on 58b?? If so what color? I looked at Bowlsby but his diagram doesnt have colors on it.
Dave_Darling
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73A.jpg

58a and 58b both appear to have black/blue wires attached to them. 58a only has a single, and 58b has a connector with multiple black/blue wires. From the looks of the drawing, one wire is before the dimmer in the knob, the other is after the dimmer.

--DD
mmascari
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 4 2017, 09:59 PM) *

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73A.jpg

58a and 58b both appear to have black/blue wires attached to them. 58a only has a single, and 58b has a connector with multiple black/blue wires. From the looks of the drawing, one wire is before the dimmer in the knob, the other is after the dimmer.

--DD

Thank you Dave....I will check it out.
Olympic 914
Black/Blue.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dave is correct one side is before rheostat other is after. I put LEDs in mine and my rheostat wire was busted so I jumped both off of the in side and run them without adjustment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.