Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb Question: Eyebrows?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
Last night I was trying to finish up installing the headlight motors, headlight buckets,etc. Got down to putting on the headlight covers, surrounds and the "eyebrows." As you know, the eyebrows have three holes, one outboard and two inboard. I have six new rubber "buttons" that kinda hold the eyebrows in place. They can be pushed in from the car body or from the "inside" of the eyebrows facing towards the car body. Been so long since I took this thing apart, I forgot how these go? So, put them in the car or put them in the eyebrows? confused24.gif
skline
The two together go from the eyebrow out and the single one goes from the car in. IIRC
william harris
Thanks Scott. Hope to post progress pictures this week. Man, you learn the hard way to do everything the "first" time you put things back together. The second and third time it is much easier. Like not putting in the headlight motor until after the headlight buckets and actuator rod. lol2.gif
CptTripps
I used rubber grommets. Only because I couldn't find the 'real' parts.

user posted image

And then a couple of grommets on a longer bolt for the one on the outside.

user posted image
ChrisFoley
You're not supposed to get new rubber thingees for those pieces William! Everyone just welds them to the body, lol.
ruddyboys
Man those are some nasty fingers, you need a manicure. beer3.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (ruddyboys @ May 12 2005, 11:11 AM)
Man those are some nasty fingers, you need a manicure. beer3.gif

I know...I'm waiting till after I'm done with all this crap. I haven't had one in the 6mos I've been working on this thing.

...and you were just kidding!
william harris
Come on Chris, Partsman gotta build a new garage. Can't let all those parts for 914s sit in Germany forever. lol2.gif
william harris
OK, both headlights in and operational (by hand), waiting on new screws for chrome headlight surrounds (old ones were rusted in placed and drilled out), so it's on to the interior next week. Lots of pictures this weekend. clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.