Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modesto Graffiti Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I attended the Modesto McHenry Village Graffiti Car Show today. Nice weather, a couple of other 914s were also there besides mine. A lot of people said they used to own a 914 and wish they still did! I noticed a trend of more people wanting to have their picture taken while sitting in the car too. If I started charging a few dollars for each pic, I could cover my entry fee!
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Wow! Now that's impressive Curtis - 2 easels with prez boards! blink.gif

Geez, I still need to get 1 easel & a board for each car & the trailer done up .... when I get time ..... & a new print head! dry.gif

Nice Display! smilie_pokal.gif

PS - It looks like a Kaiser to the left of you & an IH Scout to the right? .... "Wery Interesting!" idea.gif

PSS .... & a "T-Bucket" Rod behind the Raider chairs, & a bunch of other interesting wheels behind there too! Looks like a fun show with a bunch of interesting cars on-hand!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 4 2017, 03:03 PM) *

Geez, I still need to get 1 easel & a board for each car & the trailer done up .... when I get time ..... & a new print head! dry.gif

PS - It looks like a Kaiser to the left of you & an IH Scout to the right? .... "Wery Interesting!" idea.gif

PSS .... & a "T-Bucket" Rod behind the Raider chairs, & a bunch of other interesting wheels behind there too! Looks like a fun show with a bunch of interesting cars on-hand!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom! I think the green truck was a modified Chevy, and I'm not sure what that monstrosity was behind me. One of the easels has a local newspaper story on the car and it's win for Car of the Year. I also made a list of all the modifications I have done to the car. The other easel has some of the stories of things that have happened to me with the car so I don't have to retell them constantly. Events like a huge fuel leak while rolling in a town parade, or a cop stop where the officer said "he was only looking for kids" driving sports cars and let me go without a single question. Saves me a lot of time and starts conversations effortlessly!
Andyrew
I wont bring my 914 but Ill check out the show like every year
Tom_T
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jun 4 2017, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 4 2017, 03:03 PM) *

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom! I think the green truck was a modified Chevy, and I'm not sure what that monstrosity was behind me. One of the easels has a local newspaper story on the car and it's win for Car of the Year. I also made a list of all the modifications I have done to the car. The other easel has some of the stories of things that have happened to me with the car so I don't have to retell them constantly. Events like a huge fuel leak while rolling in a town parade, or a cop stop where the officer said "he was only looking for kids" driving sports cars and let me go without a single question. Saves me a lot of time and starts conversations effortlessly!

Great stories Curtis, but that last one about kids in sports cars, is kinda like when you stop getting "carded" for drinks! dry.gif

Not much of the truck to go on for me, but you saw it in full Curtis, so I'll go by your take on it.

The "monstrosity" behind the Raiders chairs looks to be a Model T Ford hot-rod with a small pick-up type bed - that my Dad & Uncle etc. used to call "T-Bucket" - pure 50's-60's Hot Rod Hades! happy11.gif

Not much fun on the twisties though! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

It reminds me of when I helped my uncle with his 32 Ford Model A Rumble-seat Roadster Hot Rod, 58 Vette, Rail & other builds back in the 1960's. I wish I knew where they got off to, so I could get some pix of them today.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
The one behind yours in the pic (parked to the left) looks to me like a Kaiser "Henry J" sold by Sears as "Allstate" - & by Kaiser-Frasier as H-J with other Kaisers ....

IPB Image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_J

http://fiftiesweb.com/cars/kaiser-frazer/

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oddly enough, it was considered a small car back then! blink.gif

At least that;s what it looks like to me from what I can see.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.