Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 vs Bus Intake Valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLKWrx
Hello all,

The drama ensues with getting this engine together. So the DAPO had replaced two of the intake valves before I took ownership of the car (in pieces). I had to replace the other two intake valves because they just didn't look good to me, excessive pitting etc.. So i bought two more from the type 4 store, and they have the dot in the middle of them like the sodium filled exhaust ones. The replaced ones from the PO had no dot on them, same size, shape, etc.. just no dot. I'm assuming they are bus intake valves.

So my question. Dare I use mismatched valves, or drop another $70 on the other two valves? I already know the answer, but I'm hoping you teener gurus will tell me to save my dollars and put it toward finding an east coast body with something of a body that is intact.

Thanks
-- Steve
type47
tough call. (like your avatar biggrin.gif )

jake doesn't seem to like sodium valves, so maybe you could replace them instead.....
Cap'n Krusty
Read the number on the stems. Tell me the number and I can look it up in the catalogue. TheCap'n
SLKWrx
Valves are at home, I won't be able to get numbers until this weekend.

The new ones are the Stock 2L Replacement ones from Jake. I may be wrong about them being sodium filled, I just thought that dot in the middle was where they injected the valves, like the exhaust ones.

And if the bus ones are just as good, then hell, that'll save me a lotta cash.

edit: Hehe.. I wish my block was as shiny as yours. Though I do have the new, and highly secret Sock Pistons. They're race only..
Dave_Darling
The exhaust valves with the "divot" in the middle are the sodium-filled ones. And it is really a small crater, not a dot. I don't think there were any sodium-filled intake valves. They aren't the ones with the severe heat problems.

Jake hates sodium-filled valves; I would be absolutely stunned if he sold you any.

--DD
type47
block is only shiny in the pic. actually, i have the p&c's and heads on but haven't updated the avatar.

i see you're in philly..... are you going to kerry914's gathering around 9/14/05? that date could be my completion goal....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.