Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mission: 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Ed_Turbo
Quick update, Dalton @PMB sent me the last line that they forgot to ship this week. Thanks Dalton. Lines are good, not perfect, but with custom stuff not everything is 100% flush. They still owe me decals, which I kindly reminded him biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Everything went ok until we ran into some issues with the brake system. Turns out we installed it wrong because the little nipple that goes in the cylinder did not go in.
Click to view attachment

We thought it would be simple to install without removing the foot board but obviously that was not the case blink.gif

So we installed and removed the cylinder after 2 times. Trying to install those annoying lines on the reservoir....just a pain the ass chair.gif. I would rather get kicked in the groin by Dr. Porsche than to deal with that again.

After everything was installed and bled the lines the brake system is still not working. Feels like some vacuum issue because the fluid isnt running when pumping the brakes. Maybe the nipple needs to be adjusted to active the cylinder when you press the pedal.

So new master cylinder test was unsuccessful. Try again next weekend when I have more time.

-Ed
ValcoOscar
Looking great Ed....almost outshines Eddy's car.

Oscar
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 15 2017, 04:18 PM) *

Oscar

Cmon Oscar give me a break! lol-2.gif
Ed_Turbo
Quick update, haven’t been on here for a little while, but still doing stuff on this car. Recently, I removed the tint on all the windows and installed the drivers side rearview back to stock:

Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Next I am looking at the wheels. I am focusing on putting on the originals, but not too sure if I should strip the paint, keep original, or have them re-painted again:

Click to view attachment

At first I wanted to keep them black, but I am leaning onto the original metal looking stock look. See what happens, I will ask Santa for a second opinion....
Mike Bellis
Have them powder coated. Any color you want. Around here it's about $75 per wheel.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Dec 17 2017, 01:25 PM) *

Next I am looking at the wheels. I am focusing on putting on the originals, but not too sure if I should strip the paint, keep original, or have them re-painted again:

Click to view attachment

At first I wanted to keep them black, but I am leaning onto the original metal looking stock look. See what happens, I will ask Santa for a second opinion....

Ed-

I can beadblast these for you yet this week.
If you need loaners I got them too.

PM if interested...Oscar
sb914

Oscar

Now your talking crazy ! poke.gif
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(sb914 @ Dec 19 2017, 09:22 AM) *

Oscar

Now your talking crazy ! poke.gif

You need to catch up Eddy. lol-2.gif
Ed_Turbo
Update...great news. Tested this bad boy 914 on the streets and feels pretty good. Had a small leak on the master cylinder but that was taken care of. Hopefully I will take a video of it running.

As far as long distances go I am not 100% confident yet...especially the freeway the way these jerks in their crap box KIA’s and Hyundais drive.

Going to get a halotron and tuck it in somewhere because who knows...

Up next is the interior and other misc. little bits...
Mueller
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jan 2 2018, 01:55 PM) *

Update...great news. Tested on the streets this bad boy 914 and feels pretty good. Had a small leak on the master cylinder but that was taken care of. Hopefully I will take a video of it running.

As far as long distances go I am not 100% confident yet...especially the freeway the way these jerks in their crap box KIA’s and Hyundais drive.

Congrats!
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 2 2018, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jan 2 2018, 01:55 PM) *

Update...great news. Tested on the streets this bad boy 914 and feels pretty good. Had a small leak on the master cylinder but that was taken care of. Hopefully I will take a video of it running.

Congrats!

Thanks bro! Money is a little tight due to school, but whatever I have set aside I am buying parts.
Ed_Turbo
Hey everyone quick update. I spent my only afternoon off today working on the interior. Special thanks to Mark and Scott at 914rubber for sending me the parts for the dash the other day. Overall not too bad, I had to fabricate the plate to make it fit better. I should of bought a radio delete tray to go with my order.

Send me a radio block off plate Mark! biggrin.gif

Anyways, here are some pics of the progress. Did not get to finish.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Here is my to-do list for this car in the future:

Ed_Turbo
Quick update from last weekend. I installed the dash panel and glovebox. I need to fab a radio delete plate.

Click to view attachment

Got a turn lever from Sierra Madre. Nice, but they did not fix the dent right. No one would really notice it unless you are a concourse judge, but the owner does. I need to talk to Jorge about it...

Click to view attachment

Now I need to figure out why the tach lights and speedometer are not working. I had the tach lights working but then when I re-installed the gauge panel and screwed the speedo sensor the thing stopped working. Also, more electrical issues. Fuse# 1 is not working. Fuse is good but not getting a signal. Any suggestions let me know fellas, thanks.
Ed_Turbo
Oh, one more thing. I had a fuel leak on cylinder #2 area. It was the hose going to the injector- easy fix. Drove it around the block to give them legs some circulation.

Click to view attachment

- Big big Ed
Ed_Turbo
Hi everyone,

Car is running pretty good. Throttle position needs to be adjusted. Special thanks to Oscar for the loaners until I blast the originals.

Still much to do.

- Big Ed
Ed_Turbo
Couple of updates:

Did the dash pad. Only picture i took:
Click to view attachment

Also fixed the speedo sensor with a NOS GEMO speedo cable equipped w/ EGR. I wanted to keep the EGR running because it gives it a little flavor. Sorry no pic.

-Ed
Ed_Turbo
Also, fixed both door handles and refreshed them so they can last another 40 years. Have the keys to go with them as well.

Click to view attachment

-Big Ed
Ed_Turbo
One more thing, original steelies are refreshed. Also, have the 5th one as well and an extra set (2.0 Fuchs) to mix and match. This was a little while ago.

Thanks to Oscar for the help. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
-Big Ed
Ed_Turbo
Quick update, so I am sure some of you probably know that I lost 2nd and 4th gear. Bought the entire shifter kit from Mark and a new coupler from Mark Heard (914sixer). Great parts Mark Heard, you got gems there.

Added all the bushings, new coupler and freshly grinded, primed and painted shifter rod.

Click to view attachment

I have to admit that job SUCKED smash.gif w00t.gif. With the coupler breaking because the orignal pin was seized and installing the firewall bushing was hell. The metal in these are too soft because if you strike the end it with a hammer you create a mushroom effect and that happened to me twice. Luckily we found some tricks how to install them easier, but takes some time. I wish I had a press for situations like these. Got to put that in my checklist for garage shop equipment.

At the end everything turned out well. All the shifts throw good and is super tight. 4th is a tiny bit off, but manageable.

-Ed
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jul 23 2018, 11:17 AM) *

Quick update, so I am sure some of you probably know that I lost 2nd and 4th gear. Bought the entire shifter kit from Mark and a new coupler from Mark Heard (914sixer). Great parts Mark Heard, you got gems there.

Added all the bushings, new coupler and freshly grinded, primed and painted shifter rod.

I have to admit that job SUCKED smash.gif w00t.gif. With the coupler breaking because the orignal pin was seized and installing the firewall bushing was hell. The metal in these are too soft because if you strike the end it with a hammer you create a mushroom effect and that happened to me twice. Luckily we found some tricks how to install them easier, but takes some time. I wish I had a press for situations like these. Got to put that in my checklist for garage shop equipment.

At the end everything turned out well. All the shifts throw good and is super tight. 4th is a tiny bit off, but manageable.

-Ed

Job well done Ed!!!! drunk.gif

Oscar

Ed_Turbo
Quick update, haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to share some stuff.

Got a nice PCA badge. This is off a buddies ‘72 911T. He told me it came with the car when he bought it ten years ago. Maybe at least 15-20 years old?
Click to view attachment

-Ed

Ed_Turbo
One more thing, I also got door cards from @chi-town , thanks bud beerchug.gif Click to view attachment

-Ed
Ed_Turbo
Here is the passenger side:

Click to view attachment

I am getting original parts in the mail to complete this side. Special thanks to @thecabinetmaker for the help beerchug.gif :

Got a couple more things later lined up, thanks.

-Big Ed
Ed_Turbo
Got the passenger side door done. Just in time for Peterson Cars & Coffee...
Click to view attachment

Also got an original fuse cover. I did a quick wet sand and polish.
Click to view attachment

-Ed
Ed_Turbo
Here is a quick recent pic of my 914 with my buddy in his 911S taken this past Friday at a car show in Pasadena (Classic Car Nights). Cool show check it out.
Click to view attachment

More things planned in the future...stay tuned. Thanks for looking! bye1.gif
-Ed
Ed_Turbo
Just some quick posts. I bought some NOS Hella turn signals from @garoldshaffer . Thanks bud beerchug.gif

Quick polish and ready to roll:

Click to view attachment

-Ed
Ed_Turbo
I also got this wonderful piece by @914sixer beerchug.gif originally from @‘73-914kid Thanks again Mark, you are awesome!

Take a look at this bad boy. This will make you convert to another religion:
Click to view attachment

There is something awesome about putting in rare old parts that makes the whole process wonderful.

I will take care of this Ethan beerchug.gif

-Ed
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Aug 1 2019, 09:54 PM) *

Just some quick posts. I bought some NOS Hella turn signals from @garoldshaffer . Thanks bud beerchug.gif

Quick polish and ready to roll:

Click to view attachment

-Ed

idea.gif Hmmm maybe I should have kept those. laugh.gif Looking good Ed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.