Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is an O really that big of a deal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Same part numbers but the '74 2.0 fan on bottom has an extra mark. Is this a big deal?

The notch must be the timing mark but what's the O?
yeahmag
"0" is TDC (Top Dead Center)
EdwardBlume
More Os.... multiple Os.
EdwardBlume
Mark on the lower plate...
EdwardBlume
This is why I'm replacing it
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 5 2017, 03:48 PM) *

"0" is TDC (Top Dead Center)

Cool. Thanks. I ended up marking it with a sharpie.
914Sixer
The drilled holes were drilled to balance the fan. By taking the black housing off the fan will now be out of balance. Probably done to counterbalance the missing fan blade
Mike Bellis
Why on earth would you be replacing one of George's custom, lightened, racing fans?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2017, 05:01 PM) *

The drilled holes were drilled to balance the fan. By taking the black housing off the fan will now be out of balance. Probably done to counterbalance the missing fan blade

Not exactly. The fan blade was lost when my alternator bolt came off and ended up in there.

The unmarked hole filled one I got from the swap meet this weekend. The lower black parts look identical and just bolt on and off. They each have weight added as a strip of metal inside.

Does it need to be re-balanced?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 5 2017, 09:01 PM) *

Why on earth would you be replacing one of George's custom, lightened, racing fans?

Took me awhile but I finally got it. lol-2.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 6 2017, 12:52 AM) *

Does it need to be re-balanced?

Does one need to ask in the face of such overwhelming evidence?

I saw your first post and immediately thought how could member #81 not know these things already.
rhodyguy
Wanna buy a fan with no broken blades and has never been disasembled? Why screw around with junk?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 6 2017, 07:17 AM) *

Wanna buy a fan with no broken blades and has never been disasembled? Why screw around with junk?

What do you got?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.