Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny they used a 914 picture in this emissions cheating article...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
Not much emission controls on a 914 other than the 1976 model...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170602/C...-autonews-daily
Mike D.
My charcoal canister is cheating emissions. When I plug it in I get no signal. biggrin.gif
GregAmy
'Cause it has a VW logo...guilt by association...

<---cheatin' diesel owner...waiting for them to pry it out of my hands...and then hand me a fat check.
flat4guy
ooooh, I think a recall might be in order for our cars.
Maltese Falcon
My dash light [Fasten Seat Belt] flickers when I'm shifting into 5th at 145...and I can't find the obd2 port to insert the scan tool into ¿ idea.gif
walterolin
I sent them an email, said they were being laughed at here on the 'World. I'll post the response if I get one.
Tom_T
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jun 5 2017, 05:06 PM) *

Not much emission controls on a 914 other than the 1976 model...

Hey Pete,

Actually both the 75 & 76 have the same smog controls in all 49 states + CA added the crapalytic converter, & the 73-74 had a step up of smog controls from the 70-72 MYs 914s & -6s - but CalDMV/CARB expempts <75 MY cars from smog checks.

Smog controls started in the 68 MY with air injection into the exhaust headers in almost all models.

I think the link of the VW + Porsche logos was why the "fake news" used the 914 pic, like Greg said. biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.