Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Venturi Slop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aggiezig
I recently ordered a set of larger (32mm) vents from CB performance to swap out for the 28mm vents that come with the Empi 40 HPMX carbs. I went to install them tonight and noticed there is some serious slop as the CB vents have a smaller outer diameter than the OE (empi) vents.

Here is the OE Empi:
IPB Image

Here is the CB:
IPB Image

Empi on bottom, CB on top:
IPB Image

IPB Image

Is this normal? I emailed CB but have a feeling they are going to tell me there's not much they can do. Any thoughts?
McMark
I'd send em back.

I order my Weber stuff from http://www.piercemanifolds.com.
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif

CB seems to be hit-or-miss much more these days. I haven't ordered anything from them the last time they screwed it up. Like Mark, I prefer Pierce, or my buddy over in Italy.
porschetub
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 7 2017, 09:33 AM) *

agree.gif

CB seems to be hit-or-miss much more these days. I haven't ordered anything from them the last time they screwed it up. Like Mark, I prefer Pierce, or my buddy over in Italy.

Wow those are rubbish fit ,CB went very Chinese some time ago and there stuff made many feel like they were sheeplove.gif ,sad really they used to be the go to place for GOOD stuff.
Our ''friend" in Italy provides great parts that fit and work for great prices and quick shipping...why go any where else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.