Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome Audio Set-Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Installation was completed earlier today for a technology solution to have an original looking car with all the conveniences of today's technology.

Thanks to the the help of some 914 World members, I was able to put together a great solution

1-Magnetic phone mount set up in the ashtray location of the dash (Evan0)

2-Original OEM radio purchased from (MikeFitton) was installed for a classic look

3-Kenwood KMR-M3118BT Bluetooth Marine radio installed discreetly under passenger side dash (not visible)

4-Detachable face for anti-theft

5-Radio Head Unit controllable via optional remote control or I-phone app

6-microphone set up on the dash just above the ignition key cylinder for hands free Bluetooth phone operation

7-USB cable wired behind the dash into the Aux input for phone charging without use of the lighter plug as phone is ALWAYS drawing power for GPS use driving in LA

8-Opted for I-pod audio playback via Bluetooth as the phone is using WAZE App for GPS and to notify of Police, etc... driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

This Set Up Rocks! aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=607
352]Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Nice! .... but where's your radar/laser detector!? confused24.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914_7T3
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 5 2017, 10:00 PM) *

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Don't have one. Speeding is illegal. lol-2.gif

effutuo101
Nicely done. Gave me some ideas sawzall-smiley.gif
Montreal914
Nice setup!

Can you also listen to AM/FM via the original radio?
914_7T3
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 7 2017, 07:35 AM) *

Nice setup!

Unfortunately not. Was thinking about it, but did not want to further complicate things. Not even sure how to do that with a single pair of speakers up front.

I lived up in Montreal (Saint Laurent) for 31 years. Are you from there? driving.gif beerchug.gif
My 914
that's a nice looking radio.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Calvinator2016 @ Jun 7 2017, 07:50 AM) *

Nice setup!

Unfortunately not. Was thinking about it, but did not want to further complicate things. Not even sure how to do that with a single pair of speakers up front.

I lived up in Montreal (Saint Laurent) for 31 years. Are you from there? driving.gif beerchug.gif

Yes, spent the first 40 years of my life there (Outremont) and then got a work opportunity in SoCal ~8 years ago. My first 3 cars were Beetle (8years total) and I always wanted a 914. After a month in CA, got fed up with company paid Chrysler Caliber rental and bought my 73 914 as my only car for a few months until the family joined me. Has been my daily driver since driving.gif living the 914 dream biggrin.gif.
...A few months later I found 914 World... assimilate.gif wacko.gif beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 7 2017, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Calvinator2016 @ Jun 7 2017, 07:50 AM) *

Nice setup!

Yes, spent the first 40 years of my life there (Outremont) and then got a work opportunity in SoCal ~8 years ago. My first 3 cars were Beetle (8years total) and I always wanted a 914. After a month in CA, got fed up with company paid Chrysler Caliber rental and bought my 73 914 as my only car for a few months until the family joined me. Has been my daily driver since driving.gif living the 914 dream biggrin.gif.
...A few months later I found 914 World... assimilate.gif wacko.gif beerchug.gif

That's awesome. I'm coming up on 18 years out here so we are practically the same age. My dad had a 914 and I have always wanted one and just picked one up in April. It's also a '73.

As for Beetles, this one is my 914's stablemate. This car was purchased in June of 1987 in Montreal from a guy that lived on Prince Arthur at the corner of Blvd. St. Laurent. It's originally a California car that I brought back when I moved out here in 1999 and I have had it since I was 19.

PM me if you would like to go driving one day. I'm out in Sherman Oaks.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
............nice set up beer3.gif
JRust
Who needs a new radio. Just do a blue tooth setup straight to an amp. MP3 iPod or phone is the way to go completely stealth
914_7T3
Depends on the model I guess. The KENWOOD has a USB input for continuous charging and is packed full of features including multiple Bluetooth inputs, Pandora & Iheartradio apps and expandable for SiriusXM as well. There are also multiple audio adjustments for EQ, Loudness & Bass Boost.

Regardless Bluetooth audio with phone capabilities is the way to go for sure.

beerchug.gif
kgruen2
My music is the sound of my engine and the wind turbulence in and around the car. biggrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(kgruen2 @ Jun 30 2017, 02:57 AM) *

My music is the sound of my engine and the wind turbulence in and around the car. biggrin.gif

That gets old after a couple of hundred miles - some of the meets get members from hundreds of miles away and even though some fly without sound, I'm sure it gets somewhat boring. I like to have the option on long trips... aktion035.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(kgruen2 @ Jun 30 2017, 01:57 AM) *

That's because you have a 2.7!

drooley.gif
PanelBilly
iPhone and headphones work for me.
JustinMeier
QUOTE(kgruen2 @ Jun 30 2017, 01:57 AM) *

agree.gif Plus, I can't even hear the radio over the wind noise and -6 biggrin.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 6 2017, 12:00 AM) *

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

You forgot to ask about the location of the CB..... "10-4, snowman out"

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
My 914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 30 2017, 05:37 AM) *

QUOTE(kgruen2 @ Jun 30 2017, 02:57 AM) *

That gets old after a couple of hundred miles - some of the meets get members from hundreds of miles away and even though some fly without sound, I'm sure it gets somewhat boring. I like to have the option on long trips... aktion035.gif

Having options is a good thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.