Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I don't want to spend the day going back an forth to the store in order to get the right size socket.

Thanks.

Michael
bd1308
i'll go out and find out for you

B
Mueller
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 12 2005, 09:25 AM)
I don't want to spend the day going back an forth to the store in order to get the right size socket.

Thanks.

Michael

you could search (posted last week)..or do what you are supposed to do smile.gif

buy all the sizes most commonly sold...you know you can never have enough tools smile.gif

i wanna say 27mm??
bd1308
bigger than 7/8" (inch) soucket....it's big
MoveQik
An excuse to buy tools....I like it!
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 12 2005, 09:30 AM)

great answer headbang.gif screwy.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 12 2005, 08:30 AM)

Hmmm...I think I came to that conclusion on my own. Thanks for narrowing it down for me! biggrin.gif
914Sixer
It is 27mm.
STL914
i wanna say 27mm

agree.gif
bd1308
who ever NEEDS anything bigger than 7/8inch anyway....i've never touched the bolt before, never needed to. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Sounds about right. I have a 30mm that was fairly close but obviously too big. Well, off I go for trip number one to the store. I'll take my chances with the 27mm.
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 12 2005, 09:35 AM)
who ever NEEDS anything bigger than 7/8inch anyway....i've never touched the bolt before, never needed to. biggrin.gif

that has to be the stupidest thing you've ever said here, apperantly, there is a need for socket larger than 7/8"....wait till you need to remove your rear hubs, that nut is even bigger.....
michel richard
For the steering wheel, I have a 1 and 1/16 that works well. For the rear hbs you need a 30 mm, and a strong one.
andys
27mm?....that would be 1 1/16". Ought to be able to find a cheapie one if it's for a one-time use type of deal.

Andy

maf914
QUOTE (andys @ May 12 2005, 08:53 AM)
27mm?....that would be 1 1/16". Ought to be able to find a cheapie one if it's for a one-time use type of deal.

Andy

Yeah, It's a big mo-fo! laugh.gif I used an English unit socket, no problem. Torque is low. The steering wheel hasn't fallen off. Must be okay! huh.gif
Joe Bob
If you buy a whole set....they are cheaper than buying individually.....

Off to Sears myself for a travel tool kit....
SirAndy
didn't we just have that question in another thread ???

27mm it is!
smash.gif Andy
MoveQik
Well, I got a 27mm and it fits. Thanks for the help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.