Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello to all from New Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gradskater
Hello everyone. After many years of wanting one, I finally got a 914. I am still getting used to driving the manual (and after a new throttle cable - thanks Bill - its MUCH better) but I am enjoying the car a lot. Pat, the PO, took great care of the car and buying from him was a smooth process. Its a 1970, 1.7 FI and was advertised on 914world.com. There arent any major problems with the car, but if something comes up, I know where to post a question. Picture didnt work, I will get it in a moment. Oh, I am a Graduate Student at Cal, and an inline speedskater - hence Gradskater.

mueba.gif
Gradskater
lets try this.
pete-stevers
welcome aboard!! smilie_pokal.gif its always great to see new members....
show us a pic of the new toy!
Gradskater
one more
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

signal orange is growing on me wub.gif

come out to the AutoCross in Alameda this Sat.!
driving.gif Andy
pete-stevers
opps.....looks great smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
oh yeah, beware the jackstand trap! ohmy.gif
Root_Werks
L20E baby! mueba.gif My favorite color on a 914! nice car and welcome! wavey.gif
plas76targa
Great looking car! A good find. Welcome aboard and enjoy the new "teener". You've already seen how great this board is. Check out the search engine to find similar posts on your questions concerns, and post here if you don't find enough. The people are great and the cars are just along for the ride!
Gradskater
Wish I had time to autocross, but not till the PhD is finished...for now its just a cruise-around-for-an-hour-on-the-weekend car.
Allan
wavey.gif Nice car...
Jenny
Drool... your car's beautiful. Welcome to the club!
I miss my signal orange baby... sad.gif

Jen

BTW, if you don't have time to AX, you're close enough to Alameda. At least come spectate for an hour or two and mingle with other 914 folk.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gradskater @ May 12 2005, 10:57 AM)
for now its just a cruise-around-for-an-hour-on-the-weekend car.

well, then make your weekend cruise take you to alameda this sat. ...
you don't have to compete, just swing by and say hello and get a good look at what you're missing out on!

biggrin.gif Andy
rick 918-S
wavey.gif clap.gif rocking nana.gif alien.gif
URY914
Welcome aboard, wink.gif

Paul
Rotary'14
Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie! Your carlooks very nice, any modifications planned?
p914
Nothing better than runnin around with your top off. I wish all women.... dry.gif well good looking ones anyway would do that!
Gradskater
The only mods I am considering are new shocks and springs (lower the rear a tad). Add a sway bar, too. Bilsteins one day. Oh, and a twin turbo LS1, of course biggrin.gif . But really, the car is great as is (and I cant afford any more right now).
nebreitling
QUOTE (Gradskater @ May 12 2005, 09:57 AM)
Wish I had time to autocross, but not till the PhD is finished...for now its just a cruise-around-for-an-hour-on-the-weekend car.

that's not the right attitude! laugh.gif take it from one phd candidate to another: YOU NEED TO GET OUT AND AUTOCROSS. 914 stuff has definitely slowed my progress towards finishing, but on the other hand, it's been a much needed outlet and probably kept me in grad school!

and welcome, nice looking car.
Dr. Roger
Hey, another real east bay person. Great.

I've worked at UC Berkeley twice and it's a great campus.
Nice people watching.

Jenny suggestion is a good one. You don't have to race but you can meet some very nice folks. Or at the least, hook up afterwards for food somewhere.

Grizzly Peak Blvd, Wildcat Canyon Road, and Skyline Blvd are some of the best racing... I mean driving places around.

Inline speed skating. Is that a Cal sport or just your personal sport? Phd in what?
Gradskater
I actually skate on all those roads you mentioned (up tunnel to skyline is brutal - but fun coming down). Its just a personal sport, but I try to race every now and then.

I work on pesticide effects on amphibian development. Basically, I see how chemicals screw up the froggie gonads. And I cant afford to slow down my research any more from my snails pace. The money runs out in two years, so I have to finish.

Wont be able to make it to this weekend to autocross - but another time for sure.
LuckieO
Welcome to the club! You have a beautiful car...I love signal orange. Hope to meet you at one of the upcoming events... wavey.gif
TurtleGirl
Signal Orange is my favorite, too! (Luckie & I are too much alike!)

Anyway, Welcome to the club! driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.