Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle position switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
As I am looking into the megasquirt system to replace the D-jet on my '73 2.0.

Does anyone know if the 1.8 L-jet throttle position switch is a potentiometer or is it just like the 2.0 with step traces..Thanks for info...herb wacko.gif
tryan
see if the part # are the same. is the tps used for mixture adjustment/enrichment purposes? you might want to ask some megasquirt guys what you are trying to achieve.
Dave_Darling
The 1.8 is just a switch as well. It has idle contacts, and (I think?) WOT contacts. Nothing in the middle. Not a potentiometer...

--DD
DNHunt
Crash

You need a TPS that has these qualities 1) potentiometer as you know 2) 8mm D shaft 3) turns counterclockwise 4) rotates far enough so that it doesn't provide a stop for the throttle. There aren't many that satisfy all these criteria. There is an aftermarket TPS that is reversible so it will turn either way (I think Mike Mueller used this). Do a search on the Megasquirt site as I remember there was a group buy of these a while back.

My solution was to use a Subaru TPS off of an Impreza throttle body. It met all of the criteria except #3 ( it turns the wrong way ). Actually that is no problem if you drill a 3/8" hole in the outside of the case then mount it to the metal back plate with machine screws. I covered the original openning for the D shaft with a rubber cap I got at the hardware store. Not beautiful but cheap and elegant in it's simplicity. By the way when you get parts at the junkyard always grab the electrical connectors. Here's a pic of my setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.