13 months to get the engine correct, mucho torque

QUOTE(capitolatim @ Jun 7 2017, 09:48 PM) *

13 months to get the engine correct, mucho torque

Looks pretty sweet

Is that a front valance mount oil cooler

Just got mine on the road last week 2.3 big 4

And its a different experience from stock thats for sure

Mine will do anything you want all the way to about 90 mph

Then gearing and engine really get loud .

But thats about as fast as i want to gov pray.gif

When it had the 1.7 i drove it everywhere ,now kinda seems
Like over kill as a grocery getter or wendys drive thru
Porschef
Looks great. Is that a true 5 lug conversion or drilled rotors? Likin' the wheels. beerchug.gif
capitolatim
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 8 2017, 01:38 AM) *

Looks great. Is that a true 5 lug conversion or drilled rotors? Likin' the wheels. beerchug.gif

Just drilled, wheels from Australia. Thanks
wes
The cars looking great! I'm interested in your cooling setup as I'm looking at the best setup for my 2.4 and thinking that up front has to be best.
capitolatim
QUOTE(wes @ Jun 8 2017, 08:06 AM) *

The cars looking great! I'm interested in your cooling setup as I'm looking at the best setup for my 2.4 and thinking that up front has to be best.

Patrick Motorsports, photo attachedClick to view attachment
BeatNavy
So you're running a front-mounted oil cooler with a type 4 motor? I thought I saw someone here say not too long ago that a stock oil pump may not be up to that task.

I've got a 2270 "in the plans" and have started thinking about how I'm going to keep the oil cool on hot days. Pros and cons to each location, but I was assuming up-front wasn't even an option...
capitolatim
80 PSI at startup, 50 while running. So far ok.
wes
The part that caught my eye was the GT cutout spoiler with what looks to be normal 914 bumper! I like the look and I'm guessing your getting enough airflow to keep the oil right on temp wise.
Betty
[/quote]
When it had the 1.7 i drove it everywhere ,now kinda seems Like over kill as a grocery getter or wendys drive thru
[/quote]

Nah, that's the BEST kind of grocery getter! Two trunks - cold stuff in the front, other stuff in the back, and freak out the kid that pushed the cart out to the car. Plus all that horsepower to get the Frosty's home before they melt! cheer.gif
PanelBilly
Nice job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.