Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plastic resevoir to MC lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plastex
Are there any other options for the plastic lines that go from the Resevoir to the Mastercylinder? The prices for these seem way too high, and I am wondering if anybody has done any alternatives?

this is a 1975 914 that I am restoring.

thanks,
Optimusglen
QUOTE(plastex @ Jun 8 2017, 10:41 AM) *

Are there any other options for the plastic lines that go from the Resevoir to the Mastercylinder? The prices for these seem way too high, and I am wondering if anybody has done any alternatives?

thanks,

I got new line from Aircraft Spruce, 05-00944 TYGON TUBING B-44-3 1/4 X 3/8

Works great but a bit thick for the rubber bushings where they pass through the sheetmetal.
plastex
I just saw the kit from PMB, and think I might try it. I had been looking and the prices seemed crazy. PMB has it for $30.

thanks,
Costa05
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 8 2017, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(plastex @ Jun 8 2017, 10:41 AM) *

thanks,

I got new line from Aircraft Spruce, 05-00944 TYGON TUBING B-44-3 1/4 X 3/8

Works great but a bit thick for the rubber bushings where they pass through the sheetmetal.

Just ordered 5 feet from Aircraft Spruce. $12.52 shipped. Thanks for suggestion!
mgp4591
QUOTE(plastex @ Jun 8 2017, 09:54 AM) *

I just saw the kit from PMB, and think I might try it. I had been looking and the prices seemed crazy. PMB has it for $30.

thanks,

The kit from PMB is a no brainer - all of the work already done for you, you know it fits, and it's top quality... shades.gif
SixerJ
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 9 2017, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(plastex @ Jun 8 2017, 09:54 AM) *

thanks,

The kit from PMB is a no brainer - all of the work already done for you, you know it fits, and it's top quality... shades.gif

Why make it easy by purchasing PMB?

That would mean your 914 is potentially off axle stands and on the ground sooner. Better to spend hours forming the lines yourself and delay av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.