Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solid state dme relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I just found out about these and bought one on eBay. $40 + 6 for ship. Suppososed to last much longer than the regular ones. Not much more money that the good ones and we all know not to buy a URO relay.
SirAndy
idea.gif

I got a spare for my 3.6L, but it would be nice to have a solid state for that as well ...
cheer.gif
racerx9146
Funny, I saw this thread a few days ago and my solid state DME relay just failed. Engine would not turn off. I put the old magnetic relay back in and good to go.

Great idea but I dont have that many hours on the solid state one.
jd74914
Just as a note-you have to watch out with some SSRs...the actual switching portion is good for more cycles than you'll ever need, but I've heard that lower cost/quality units often fail in the solder connection portion (similar failure modes exist for cheap LEDs). Not saying that these are low quality, but the low production numbers may mean they are somewhat hand made and a little more failure prone.
914dave
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 8 2017, 02:51 PM) *

I just found out about these and bought one on eBay. $40 + 6 for ship. Suppososed to last much longer than the regular ones. Not much more money that the good ones and we all know not to buy a URO relay.

I'm in the same boat as Andy. Going to pick one of these up. Thanks for the heads up Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.