Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced Seat belt light in dash with "Porsche" light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
My seatbelt interlock has never worked, all the wires for it long ago disconnected and removed. I went to a local Trophy shop and had them make a small plastic plate the same size as the seatbelt light insert. Here's how it came out, lights off and lights on, whacha think?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Steve
Nice!!!
TheCabinetmaker
I put a small piece of cardboard over mine when the car was new. Hated that light shining all the time.
mepstein
I like it.
ConeDodger
Or...
oakdalecurtis
Just gauging interest, would anyone want one at $10 each including mailing?
iankarr
Cool...but how do you get yours to light? Are there wires on the interlock that can be bridged to only light in the ACC position?
iankarr
double post
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jun 9 2017, 09:59 AM) *

Cool...but how do you get yours to light? Are there wires on the interlock that can be bridged to only light in the ACC position?

I just wired the light directly to a dash light bulb's leads.
Mikey914
So .... does it make it a real Porsche when the light is on? biggrin.gif
timothy_nd28
I like the check engine idea. I was trying to find a place to put that light for my LS conversion.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 9 2017, 10:46 AM) *

So .... does it make it a real Porsche when the light is on? biggrin.gif

No, it just reminds me it's not a Nissan. piratenanner.gif
brant
20 years ago... I used some acetone to wipe off the white paint, making the lens essentially an all red warning lamp.

I re-wired my lamp into a 2nd oil pressure sensor
and I bought a 15psi oil pressure sensor that I run at my front cooler.

so my stock oil pressure warning light comes on at the stock 3psi pressure drop

but my 2ndary sensor/light now warn me when there is a pressure drop in the front cooler loop or prior to the factory light triggering.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 9 2017, 02:59 PM) *

20 years ago... I used some acetone to wipe off the white paint, making the lens essentially an all red warning lamp.

I re-wired my lamp into a 2nd oil pressure sensor
and I bought a 15psi oil pressure sensor that I run at my front cooler.

so my stock oil pressure warning light comes on at the stock 3psi pressure drop

but my 2ndary sensor/light now warn me when there is a pressure drop in the front cooler loop or prior to the factory light triggering.

That's awfully practical Brant. Stay on topic. We're going for cheese here! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.