Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
Euclid Ave, Ontario Calif.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Where can I get some of that parking lot protection moulding?
arne
I think JC Whitney still carries it. LOL
rhodyguy
A great paint job with side protection is ok in my book. Luggage racks? You bet. Andy sure makes use of his on trips. Others too.
Coondog
Yeah the 70s called and they want there molding back. Sucks because all the holes this type of molding put in cars. But he does have the most sought after year and engine... irish914.jpg
arne
Seriously, having that molding on a clean looking car like that would tend to make me wonder if it is original paint. Because most of us would not put it back on after we painted the car.

Clean looking car, that's for sure.
914_7T3
This car was just sold. I saw it on Sunday at the Pomona Swap Meet. That looks like the new owner behind the wheel. It is an original '73 2.0 and a beautiful survivor. If I did not have mine, I would have bought it on the spot.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Calvinator2016 @ Jun 8 2017, 05:55 PM) *

This car was just sold. I saw it on Sunday at the Pomona Swap Meet. That looks like the new owner behind the wheel. It is an original '73 2.0 and a beautiful survivor. If I did not have mine, I would have bought it on the spot.

How much $$ was the seller asking?

BTW, I'd rather have door dings than those ugly strips. barf.gif
rhodyguy
Would you spend xxxxx+ towards their removal on a nice car? You already know about weld filling holes marc. That guy is going to get the 'new owner scalp burn'. No hat, top off, no hair...ouch.
914_7T3
Asking Price was $15,995, however I was not privy to the negotiations. The car has zero rust and paint was indeed mostly original with some evidence of over spray in certain areas. The interior was as close to perfect that you will find on a non-concours car.

My guess is that the car is easily worth north of $18K if not more in another part of the country (supply & demand).

KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 8 2017, 07:12 PM) *

Would you spend xxxxx+ towards their removal on a nice car? You already know about weld filling holes marc. That guy is going to get the 'new owner scalp burn'. No hat, top off, no hair...ouch.

I wouldn't buy it. It would be a deal breaker for me.....but I don't like anyone walking on my lawn either. mad.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Calvinator2016 @ Jun 8 2017, 05:55 PM) *

Explains why he was long on the clutch as he was pulling away........... blink.gif
PanelBilly
I was expecting spots
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 8 2017, 08:12 PM) *

I was expecting spots

laugh.gif
Larmo63
The moulding does make it look quite a bit like a Speedster.....?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.