Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still love the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Took a sick day off work yesterday. I figured part of my problem was the lack of sun, so I drove the 'teener to all of my doctors apppintments. I forget just how entertaining this car can be. Top off and just driving felt great. I even got a nod from a passing Ferrari. Even though I was as sick as a dog, it was a great day.

Ferrari note: Why did they design the 308 after a poorly welcomed Porsche. It's funny how much they look alike.

"Z", Thanks for the work safe and kid save avatar. I know it won't last, but thanks for now.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Huh? blink.gif The 308 (and 328) are gorgeous cars.
Eric_Shea
So was the 904 he was talking about wink.gif
djm914-6
I agree that the 308 is a nice looking car (I prefer the older F cars personally). It just dawned on me that the 308 isn't a far departure from the 914 in looks. Then think that the 308 started production at about the time the 914 ended.

Ok, maybe it's just the drugs the good doc gave me.

Anyway. I also find it amusing that I get more nods, waves and thumbs up from Ferrari and Viper owners than from oter Porsche owners. My bigest nod came from an older couple in a 550 that both gave me a thumbs up.
ArtechnikA
thread hijack, but i'll be quick:

Dave - love the new Tee, and so does everyone who's seen it.

i know you were in a hurry to get it out and it didn't come with a care-tag.

did you have a chance to heat-set the inks, or should i do that before washing it (on cold-gentle...) ?
djm914-6
Care Instructions: don't wash it... ever. biggrin.gif

I have a new press that I bought for Chris' shirts (not a professional one though) so it should be safe to wash on gentle cycle COLD and turned inside out. Don't use ANY bleach, even color safe bleach is damaging. Best results are hand wash, line dry.

That said, I wash the heck out of my shirts and yes they fade initially, but nothing after that. I throw them in with jeans and use color safe bleach. The main problems I've seen are shirts washed just days after they were painted.
mikerose
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ May 12 2005, 03:11 PM)

That said, I wash the heck out of my shirts and yes they fade initially, but nothing after that. I throw them in with jeans and use color safe bleach. The main problems I've seen are shirts washed just days after they were painted.

now you tell me biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif
ConeDodger
Interesting that someone would mention the 914 and 308. Yesterday I picked up my engine parts from the shop that tanked them for me. Owner is longtime Porsche guy Frank Lettini. Sitting in the shop in an area that is essentially just for Frank's own cars were his 914-6 that he has owned since it was one year old. Nose to nose with it was a 308 in FRR. They are not far off in size and the 308 is sexier to most eyes. But they seemed to be at home there kissing each other....

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.