Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Porsche 914 Rear Center Reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
exultant1
Looking for the porsche rear center reflector.
jim_hoyland
PM sent
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(exultant1 @ Jun 8 2017, 09:09 PM) *

Just FYI, don't let anyone BS you on the value of these it is hard just to give them away, so don't pay more than what it costs to ship it to you.

exultant1
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 9 2017, 06:52 AM) *

Just FYI, don't let anyone BS you on the value of these it is hard just to give them away, so don't pay more than what it costs to ship it to you.

Thanks Mike, wasn't really sure of what they were worth
mepstein
I got rid of mine and then had to pay to have the holes welded shut headbang.gif
Larmo63
WHY would you want one?
amfab
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2017, 09:55 AM) *

I got rid of mine and then had to pay to have the holes welded shut headbang.gif

Bondoed mine, I feel cheap now

-Andrew
forrestkhaag
Tuff crowd these days......... blink.gif

When I removed mine, I had to weld in a completely new piece of steel between the light fixtures to get the sheetmetal perfect and back to stock.

People behind you know the 914 for what it is.... Quirky, weird, odd, underpowered if a four, and fantastic handling in most configurations of power.

Nowadays, the 914 is even being considered a legitimate "Porsche"..
beerchug.gif
SixerJ
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 9 2017, 02:52 PM) *

Aww, Mike you have given the game away. I have one kicking about the garage that that came off the six, its a rare original afterfactory option and worth $$$$. Honest
theer
[its a rare original afterfactory option and worth $$$$. Honest
[/quote]

afterfactory option... lol-2.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jun 9 2017, 10:32 AM) *

Aww, Mike you have given the game away. I have one kicking about the garage that that came off the six, its a rare original afterfactory option and worth $$$$. Honest

They are rare... I only have one of each style laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

To the OP, install with double face side molding tape, unless you are replacing one and already have the holes.
914_7T3
QUOTE(exultant1 @ Jun 8 2017, 10:09 PM) *

I believe there is one for sale right here if its still available.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...310760&st=0

Blue6
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 9 2017, 05:15 AM) *

PM sent
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 9 2017, 10:03 AM) *

WHY would you want one?

Because some cars look great with them. I. E. Jims cars.
914_teener
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jun 9 2017, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 9 2017, 05:15 AM) *

PM sent
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 9 2017, 10:03 AM) *

WHY would you want one?

Because some cars look great with them. I. E. Jims cars.

Agreed.....

Man had a request...

and then an offer.

No opinions were needed.

wilchek
Sent you a private message
rhodyguy
No actual value? WTF.gif . My box time, drive to and from shipper time and gas $ sure have value. I've given PLENTY of stuff away but i don't expect to go into my wallet to do so.
bdstone914
I just picked up a new reflector and new solinoid that ia will sell for $200.
Larmo63
<-----Smartass happy11.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2017, 10:28 AM) *

I was offering it for sale to the OP.
Dumbass bye1.gif
db9146
If you're going to install a rear reflector, then I say you should "go for the gusto" and make sure to install the finest one you can....

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Here is the new reflector and the solenoid.
bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 11 2017, 03:17 PM) *

Here is the new reflector and the solenoid.
Larmo63
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 11 2017, 10:37 AM) *

Dumbass bye1.gif

I was referring to my comment above, not your offering Bruce.
slap.gif
exultant1
I'm kind of on the fence now after hearing all the comments, i may just get one if the price is right. Here is my 3.2 914

Click to view attachment
Robnxious
I haven't seen anyone say this on here yet, but as I have been told a few times on mods I wanted to do "It's your car, do what makes YOU happy about it, not what others say about it". I happen to have a center reflector, and like the way it looks, so it's staying. If you are going for 100% authentic rebuild (which I'm guessing is NOT the case looking at your car and the engine in it), then no, you wouldn't have one on it. But at the end of the day, you are the one driving this car, and seeing it every day. If you think it looks good, the hell with anyone else's view on it
scallyk9
My 914 3.2 had the reflector already mounted with the stock trunk button poking through and I'm keeping it that. I like how it fills the recess between the taillights and under the trunk lid.

Now for my totally stock LE bumblebee, I wouldn't even think of adding a reflector...or anything else.
Front yard mechanic
I'm putiting mine back on upside down shades.gif
bdstone914
It may look nice but I would not drill holes in the car to install it. And if the solenoid fails you have a fun job to get into the trunk. I would use a manual pull cable or at least use one as a back up.

Nice car.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 12 2017, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 11 2017, 10:37 AM) *

Dumbass bye1.gif

I was referring to my comment above, not your offering Bruce.
slap.gif

grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
Larmo63
Friggin' LOVE the MW wheels on the black GT......

Those look GREAT. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Now, invest the money you WERE going to spend on the reflector in some stock mirrors and you're done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.