Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frt. Oil Cooler & A/C Condensor Box???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I really want to use the GT oil cooler shroud but will be installing the big square A/C condensor box in the floor of the front trunk, I haven't looked closely but I really doubt they'd both fit. So what are my options?

Doug c
TravisNeff
Take the box & fan off the A/C, you'll get it pretty low in the floorpan that way, you'll probably use a fan for the Oil cooler up front - so it would seem like it would work out OK. However, the Hole for the A/C goes a bit further back than the GT shroud does (I think), but you can reposition and fill that.
DougC
Seems like the A/C would still need it's seperate fan to be efficient at stops though, and I don't want heat from the cooler cancelling the cooling effects of the a/c condensor... Maybe I could fabricate a custom shroud incorporating the big stock box.

Doug C
TravisNeff
You could also use a slim depth fan on the A/C stuff, you may need to mod the shroud for a little more lift in the rear. Definately doable from my perspective
DougC
Gotcha, thanks..I'll investigate this further. I haven't figured out which cooler I'll be using yet or bought the shroud, but I may just make my own.

Doug C

TravisNeff
I have the square box unit for the trunk, not the round hat style one. It is sitting under my workbench - I can take it apart and get some measurements/pics if you like.
DougC
Travis, thanks but I have the same thing sitting in my garage. Unless I can't figure out how to get it all seperated. I actually have a complete HVAC unit from an '88 M3 also sitting in my garage and I may be able to use some of it for my a/c project.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.