Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chalon is in for front end alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Dropped off the Chalon up the street for an alignment. They have done 3 other cars for me all 914's including Joe Buckles cars. They do the front for $79.00. That isnt bad is it? He is also going to rebalance all 4 wheels since the weights fell off in the driveway.
spare time toys
What ever became of the troublesom right rear wheel? It kept tilting in at the top IIRC. Just shims?
skline
Its not tilting at the top, it keeps turning to the outside. I do need to add another shim cause it wasnt right. I just have not got around to it yet. When I get it back today I will get right on that. This guy is going to check out my front suspension also to make sure I didnt forget anything. It could happen. I am not perfect. Well, maybe. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I think $80 is about the going rate for most general tire shops. A "Porsche" specialized place is more like $300 for a 4 wheel.
skline
I didnt want the rear done till I install the rollers in the rear. Right now, I just want to drive it a little and see how it is going to be. I have some adjustments still to do on the clutch and stuff and there is a rubber burning smell when I drive it that I want to track down and figure out what it is. It may be my clutch, its the kevlar one and it smells like it is burning. I think the clutch is too tight. Anyone else have any experience with the Kevlar clutches? Do they smell kind of like rubber or plastic burning?
Aaron Cox
dude....

i payed 80 for a 4 wheel at buds tires in riverside. he is a PCA guy and held a tire 'worksho' for the RR PCA.

you got hosed biggrin.gif sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.