Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modesto Graffiti Car Show today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Biggest Graffiti Car Show yet, 1,800 mostly very nice street rods. And one 914.
Click to view attachment
BTW Tom, you asked me about that car next to me at last week's show. He was there today again so I took a better picture for ya.
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Jun 10 2017, 05:59 PM) *

BTW Tom, you asked me about that car next to me at last week's show. He was there today again so I took a better picture for ya.
Click to view attachment

Yes Curtis, that "Corsair deLuxe" was the 6-cyl version of the Kaiser Henry J & very low production numbers, but it looks like they've made it into a sleeper-dragster.

Apparently they even made it worldwide, judging by this one:
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/11...deluxe-1954-ver

When my uncle drag raced at OCR drag-strip down in Irvine, there was a guy there with a Henry J with a "fully blown" (Rootes) Chevy 427 sticking up through the hood, who took on the 40s-50s based "super-stocker" Willys, Chev Dodge & Ford Hot Rods in their class. My Uncle Merrill had a stock-ish 327 `58 Vette in another class where he held top place for a couple of years - so he knew that guy well.

I'm amazed that I can still ID one from just the bit you showed me in your other pic blink.gif

Looks like a great car show!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
PS - if you're back down in OC next weekend, we have the OC Porsche car show/concours at Mile Square Park in Fountaing Valley on Sat. 6/17 ~ 8 am - 2-3-ish pm.

If you come, then you can just visit/gawk-n-talk, display or enter - at your pleasure. first.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Andyrew
Was a goodshow today, didnt watch the parade last night but a nice windy atmosphere kept the temps down. Great cars as usual smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.