Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panel replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
I'm replacing my floorpans, as well as the piece that goes along the firewall on the interior, stretching between the longs. I have drilled out all of the spotwelds that I have seen. I have taken my airchisel and physically seperated the piece from the firewall, but it seems stuck in the middle. This piece that that I call a "ledge" where the backpad connects, are there more spotwelds on the horizontal part of this that need to be drilled out??? I have stripped the paint, but don't see any. WTF??? wacko.gif

user posted image

user posted image
SirAndy
yes ...

it has two round "recesses" (for the lack of a better word) that match 2 similar "recesses" on the backside of the firewall.
those are spotwelded together in the center ...

wink.gif Andy
SirAndy
here you go ...
Verruckt
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 12 2005, 04:32 PM)
yes ...

it has two round "recesses" (for the lack of a better word) that match 2 similar "recesses" on the backside of the firewall.
those are spotwelded together in the center ...

wink.gif Andy

Awesome!

Ok, so becuase that piece in the center is sort of blocking my drill (can't get a straight so that my spotweld drill is square along that flat... Should I just get myself a cutoff wheel and start piecing it out ? I guess I would have some better access to it once the majority was out. Or is there some other bracing in there that I need to be careful of???

Sorry, never ever been into a 914 this deep... wacko.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 12 2005, 04:34 PM)
here you go ...

OH!!!

Ok. Well, let me go drill those out. I was actually thinking there may be some spotwelds along this flat...

user posted image
Verruckt
What a bitch!!! There were only about 20 more spotwelds besides the 4 in each one of those round recesses rolleyes.gif

Fuching anal retentive Germans lol2.gif (sorry mom biggrin.gif )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.