Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super In Laws Frunk Spring Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
He comes up with the damn-dist gadgets. I asked him to make a tool to move the trunk spring in Matt's newly painted car. Here's what he came up with. You need a towel on the fender and the hook could/should be shrink wrapped.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rand
Clever guy! Nicely done.

I just put on some welding gloves and pull on them, no tools, super quick.
Krieger
Can you loan him out?
Matty900
I told him we nees to get him a cape. He was showing me how the reinforment pieces he came up with get weilded to tge longitudinal yesterday. We really need to do a video.
tygaboy
Jack is my hero and a real inspiration.
So great that I got to meet him in person.
(I still think you should make "Super In Law" t-shirts...)

pray.gif all around!
JeffBowlsby
Smart man. He may have read the manual...this is from one of the 914 manuals:

Spoke
Excellent. Not many craftsmen around these days.
76-914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 11 2017, 07:33 AM) *

And Porsche might have read Archimedes before printing the manual. shades.gif
Larmo63
It was nice meeting "Super in Law" up in Mammoth. What a great guy!!! first.gif
cary

If he did, he did it from memory. He didn't go to the book when I asked for the tool.
The body book did sit at home for a long time. We never talked about it. But he reads everything he can get a hold of. I bought him a tablet a couple years ago for Christmas, he spends a couple hours a day reading the news. Old School, kinda.

I told him I want to build these after all the fixtures are finished for the frame bench.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Plus something to hold the windshield frame side to side and front to back.

hissyfit.gif Sorry to say I am beginning to think about what it will be like when he won't be able to make it out to the shop. So I'm cherishing every day he's out there with me.
Right now 3 days a week is just perfect.
914_teener
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 11 2017, 09:20 AM) *

If he did, he did it from memory. He didn't go to the book when I asked for the tool.
The body book did sit at home for a long time. We never talked about it. But he reads everything he can get a hold of. I bought him a tablet a couple years ago for Christmas, he spends a couple hours a day reading the news. Old School, kinda.

I told him I want to build these after all the fixtures are finished for the frame bench.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Plus something to hold the windshield frame side to side and front to back.

hissyfit.gif Sorry to say I am beginning to think about what it will be like when he won't be able to make it out to the shop. So I'm cherishing every day he's out there with me.
Right now 3 days a week is just perfect.

Oh wow....those would be indispensable for doing the cowl and inner long repair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.