Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars n coffee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
So yesterday morning ,I went to doughnut derrilicks,(a cars n coffee )and this young man came up to my car(he looked about 10-11)I hear him say nice 914,(I have no 914 badge btw ) walks to the back and says "wow",it has a V8, then he's all, this is my favorite car here.l asked him,how did you know it was a 914? He's says, I seen one on "wheeler dealers" cracked me up. He ask if he could sit in in it ,and I couldn't get him in fast enough, I fired it up and he eyes lit up he was super stoked, but not half as much as I was.he has a disability,as I to had at that age. Ethan. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
i see a 914 in his future. The kid has great taste.
tygaboy
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 11 2017, 06:05 AM) *

i see a 914 in his future. The kid has great taste.

And he's a V8 lover! That's not just great taste - he's a connoisseur! biggrin.gif
Sounds like you helped make his day. Good on ya!
ValcoOscar
Super cool gesture. That smile speaks for itself.

Tom_T
Outstanding! You'll be "all the talk" at his school all week I'm sure! biggrin.gif

See ya Saturday at Mile Square! first.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Steve
Awesome story. Thanks for posting. Love these kind of stories. 914's aren't for everyone, but if your hooked, your hooked. 914's for life!!!
BIGKAT_83
Good job! first.gif
Did you offer him a ride? Lets see some more pictures of the car engine,interior. Looks great.

Bob
Larmo63
So, you obviously told him he can have the car, right?
ndfrigi
Thanks Eddy for sharing this story! I'm sure you gave that young man a wonderful day especially letting him sit in your car! Good job sir Eddy!

Just to share also, last week (friday) I mentioned to my 2 daughters after picking up fr their last day for the school year, that I have to sell our 1st (6 more 914s that we got and sold them too) and what my youngest daughter did is immediately hug the car and started crying. It's been 5 days since tuesday when the car pulled out by the new owner from our garage, still my youngest daughter (9 years old) cries once in a while. What she did is to borrow my phone transfered several pictures of the car to her phone. My wife and my 11 years old daughter both are also sad loosing the car.
My daughter also insist me to make another 914 project and also said to make sure it will be exactly the same as the 75 1.8.

Click to view attachment
siverson
Ha. Your photo reminds me of when I had to sell one of my 914s about 3 years ago. It was the first 914 that my daughter had ridden in a lot. She was super upset. sad.gif

She was right though. It was a super nice very early car and I think I sold it for $11k or something. And now I have plenty of parking (but didn't at the time)...

-Steve

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
banananose914
Hey Noel. You're more than welcome to drive my white 914 whenever you like. This will hold you and your family over until you get another one. When the orange one is done, you might be able to drive this one as well. Maybe.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 11 2017, 09:54 PM) *

Hey Noel. You're more than welcome to drive my white 914 whenever you like. This will hold you and your family over until you get another one. When the orange one is done, you might be able to drive this one as well. Maybe.

Sir Jim, thanks a lot and yes I do missed driving ur white 914-6! Saw your update with the 914-6 orange and super cool and almost done with it. Sorry never got the chance yet helping with the build or atleast to hang out with you guys at ur beautiful garage!

Sorry Eddy we hijack ur thread!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mbseto
I did not expect to see a thread of kids crying on 914s.
Larmo63
Trudy cried when Speedy showed up. She is still scratching her head as to why I love these little cars so much.
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 11 2017, 05:50 AM) *

So yesterday morning ,I went to doughnut derrilicks,(a cars n coffee )and this young man came up to my car(he looked about 10-11)I hear him say nice 914,(I have no 914 badge btw ) walks to the back and says "wow",it has a V8, then he's all, this is my favorite car here.l asked him,how did you know it was a 914? He's says, I seen one on "wheeler dealers" cracked me up. He ask if he could sit in in it ,and I couldn't get him in fast enough, I fired it up and he eyes lit up he was super stoked, but not half as much as I was.he has a disability,as I to had at that age. Ethan. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Haha, sounds like his dad watches Velocity all day and a car nut like me.

Can you get me the info to that cars n coffee meet?

sb914
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jun 12 2017, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 11 2017, 05:50 AM) *

So yesterday morning ,I went to doughnut derrilicks,(a cars n coffee )and this young man came up to my car(he looked about 10-11)I hear him say nice 914,(I have no 914 badge btw ) walks to the back and says "wow",it has a V8, then he's all, this is my favorite car here.l asked him,how did you know it was a 914? He's says, I seen one on "wheeler dealers" cracked me up. He ask if he could sit in in it ,and I couldn't get him in fast enough, I fired it up and he eyes lit up he was super stoked, but not half as much as I was.he has a disability,as I to had at that age. Ethan

Haha, sounds like his dad watches Velocity all day and a car nut like me.

Can you get me the info to that cars n coffee meet?

Sent pm
Dion
I gotta say these are all awesome stories. Thanks so much for sharing.
Nice to hear and see the good in people in this fast paced and sometimes stressful
world. Well done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.