Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Delete install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
howelljames
Silly question, but I want to remove stereo from car, and add a radio delete panel. I can't find any videos, or anything. Is it pretty straight forward, or does dash need to come apart? ThanksClick to view attachment
rgalla9146
It's cake.
Take the radio out and put the cover plate on.
I've never seen a plate with the right 'square' pattern for a '75-'76.
The tough part is that you'll still have an antenna hole in your fender.
howelljames
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 11 2017, 10:25 AM) *

It's cake.

Thanks, I hoped it was that easy, but just thought I'd ask. Leaving antenna in place until repaint car, then have plugged. Auto Atlanta sells the proper plate with 75-76 weave. I run stereo thru phone and blu tooth speaker now (radio inop when I bought car) and it's been fine, so want to clean up dash.
forrestkhaag
Nice Plaid seats!
aktion035.gif
TM_Corey
I just had my antenna taken out during a new paint and it looks so much nicer. I also had my side markers removed.
Matty900
QUOTE(howelljames @ Jun 11 2017, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 11 2017, 10:25 AM) *

It's cake.

Thanks, I hoped it was that easy, but just thought I'd ask. Leaving antenna in place until repaint car, then have plugged. Auto Atlanta sells the proper plate with 75-76 weave. I run stereo thru phone and blu tooth speaker now (radio inop when I bought car) and it's been fine, so want to clean up dash.

It is not hard. We sell it with the installation tape. http://shop.914rubber.com/Radio-plates-for...m?categoryId=-1

I will be doing the swap on my car soon from the PO's aftermarket stereo to a factory radio and plan on running an inline bluetooth receiver and running everything through my phone too. What are you using for yours?
Chris914n6
Or you can leave the opening and install a storage bin. DIN size is real common on imports.

If I find which box I hid mine in I'll post a pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.