Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I was looking at buying and installing a front sway bar but was wondering if the fuel pump will interfere. Have have the one up in front.

Pic
Aaron Cox
shouldnt..... they did put swaybars on 75 and 76 cars ya know biggrin.gif

HTH
skline
Nope, it wont interfere at all. Same sway bars on all years.
Allan
I know, I know. I just wanted to make sure that If I had to relocate it, I could find out how big of a PITA it was gonna be.
MoveQik
Mine is a 75. I had the Weltmeister sway bar installed. No issues at all.
Allan
Okay then, I'm all over it like rice on stink.
Allan
Okay, next question. If I install a stock size sway bar, can I upgrade later with just a larger bar and still use the stock drop-links and stuff?
Eric_Shea
If it's a factory bar yes but, there aren't too many options there. The 18mm 76 Turbo bar is the only real through body factory upgrade. They had reinforced arms (not sure if it's totally necessary but I have them on both mine). If you upgrade to a larger bar, most of them come with their own arms and links.
MarkG
Just repalced my stock sway bar w/ Weltmeister a 22mm and in interfears with the gas tank - will have to move up the tank a bit.....
maf914
QUOTE (MarkG @ May 13 2005, 08:48 AM)
Just repalced my stock sway bar w/ Weltmeister a 22mm and in interfears with the gas tank - will have to move up the tank a bit.....

Was this due to the increased bar size or because the tank may not have been level in the rubber blocks? There is room for adjustment when positioning the tank and rubber blocks. idea.gif
RustyWa
If you worry to much about hitting the fuel pump, you might actually raise it to much and hit the tank.

Mine is close, but it clears. sad.gif
bmcwilli
What about a swaybar and the dpd AC condensor (the one with the plastic cover that looks like a silly black hat)?

Can I install a swaybar with the condensor in place?
maf914
QUOTE (bmcwilli @ May 14 2005, 04:11 AM)
Can I install a swaybar with the condensor in place?

The sway bar will be behind the bulkhead through the inner fenders under the tank, while the condenser is in front of the bulkhead. There should be no interference at all between the bar and condenser. But, some AC installations routed the AC hoses along the inner fenders in the wheel wells. These may be in the location where you place the sway bar brackets, so you may have to pull the hoses out of the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.