Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracker?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Where'd you get that new engine Tony? lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
ljubodraz
Yeah, that's funny. I bought a Porsche that had a VW engine installed by someone. idea.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 11 2017, 06:39 PM) *

Wow, thats awesome!!! Dealers are dumb as a bag of rocks and do nothing but try and rip people off on trade ins...

When the lease was up on my wifes Genesis Coupe I swapped the wheels out for some burners I picked up for $200 and kept the nice OEM wheels. Went over to Carmax and turned the car into them and got a $1200 check.
falcor75
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2017, 08:03 AM) *

Wow, thats awesome!!! Dealers are dumb as a bag of rocks and do nothing but try and rip people off on trade ins...

When the lease was up on my wifes Genesis Coupe I swapped the wheels out for some burners I picked up for $200 and kept the nice OEM wheels. Went over to Carmax and turned the car into them and got a $1200 check.

and you're proud of that?

screwy.gif
Andyrew
Better than turning over the lease and getting $0 back from the dealer.the lease had ended. I had a buyback option but no interest when I posted the vehicle for sale, so I went to carmax and got cash in my pocket and they tookover the lease and excersized the buyback.
stugray
In Aspen in the 60s you could rent a Ford Cobra at the local Car Rental.
The local kids would rent one and move the engine over to their street cars for drag racing for the weekend.
Then they would put the engine back in and turn it back into the rental company on Monday.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 11 2017, 11:58 PM) *

Better than turning over the lease and getting $0 back from the dealer.the lease had ended. I had a buyback option but no interest when I posted the vehicle for sale, so I went to carmax and got cash in my pocket and they tookover the lease and excersized the buyback.

I think that was a reference to the wheels you allegedly stole. smile.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 12 2017, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 11 2017, 11:58 PM) *

I think that was a reference to the wheels you allegedly stole. smile.gif

I didnt turn the car back to the dealer. The wheels I put on it were from the same car, one model year older, same size and everything. Even the TPMS worked.

Carmax buys multiple cars with aftermarket wheels, they value the car on its condition not what type of wheels are on it. I didnt claim anything on the wheels, they gave me an offer for my car AS IS and I accepted it. Nothing sketchy or illegal on what I did, just pointing out that people have no idea what they are buying when they go to a dealer, and a dealer has no idea what they are selling.
mbseto
The way you wrote it makes it sound shady- I had to go back and read it again to realize that you did not return the car to the dealer with swapped wheels. On the first read, it sounded like you got the 1200 for selling the wheels to Carmax.

Andyrew
Ahhh, My bad smile.gif

No sold the wheels to my cousin for his Z for what I had into them.

$1200 check was for Carmax to buyout my lease.
Mueller
Too funny, I was just joking with a cheap co-worker that needs a new battery for his car that it might be cheaper to rent a car for the day and swap batteries. smile.gif
Elliot Cannon

This reminds me of the GT350H's you used to be able to rent from Hertz in 1966. People were renting the car, driving it home and swapping the hi-po engine in it with the stock engine in the Mustang they just bought. av-943.gif

forrestkhaag
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 12 2017, 01:56 PM) *

This reminds me of the GT350H's you used to be able to rent from Hertz in 1966. People were renting the car, driving it home and swapping the hi-po engine in it with the stock engine in the Mustang they just bought. av-943.gif

I know a couple of those guys. They are still in Angola. sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.