Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wife wants a new car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
Wife says we need a mini van. Last week we wanted go go out and eat with grand kids. Had to take 3 cars for 5 people.

user posted image

Which ones should we sell.
Cap'n Krusty
Lose the Honduh .................................. The Cap'n
BIGKAT_83
Thats the one everybody wanted to ride in!!!!

ME TOO

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
jgiroux67
Drop the white miata. Theres no need for two miatas and I'm sure the S2000 is a much better car.
redshift
lol.... a yard full of personal escape pods.

M
jgiroux67
How are the seats in that red miata? Comfortable? Do they recline or are they one piece?
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (redshift @ May 12 2005, 07:25 PM)
lol.... a yard full of personal escape pods.

M

No got a fast motorcycle in the basement.
She wants me to sell it but I said I'm saving it incase of a nuclear attach on Atlanta and that will be the fastest way to avoid the fall out cloud. I'm coming to Savannah!!

Bob
azbill
Just build a garage addition and keep all of them biggrin.gif
BIGKAT_83
Got two more 914's in the back yard.

I was cleaning some bushes on the side of the yard last week and someone asked me if I was making room for more cars!!

Bob
iamchappy
Enie meanie minnie moe.
MecGen
Hello
Been turning wrenches over half my life...
Toyota Sienna... hands down...trust me.
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
mack914
I agree, Toyota Sienna. Have one with 120K miles. Great vehicle.
Are you sure you aren't just trying to show off your toy collection.
SHOWOFF.....
BIGKAT_83
Well maybe!!!!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ May 12 2005, 04:22 PM)
Drop the white miata. Theres no need for two miatas and I'm sure the S2000 is a much better car.

"S2000"?. Oh. Looked like a Civic to me. OOPS! I don't envy you the decision ............................................ The Cap'n
anthony
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ May 12 2005, 05:14 PM)
Wife says we need a mini van. Last week we wanted go go out and eat with grand kids. Had to take 3 cars for 5 people.

When the kids come over and drop off the grandkids, just make them leave their mini-van for you. They can borrow a Miata.
neo914-6
You should see how a family in third world countries ride around on a moped. laugh.gif

Just get your food delivered then you don't have to clean and dress up, deal with traffic, find parking, pay tips... laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ May 12 2005, 08:30 PM)
I'm saving it incase of a nuclear attach on Atlanta and that will be the fastest way to avoid the fall out cloud. I'm coming to Savannah!!

Bob

Yeah, I just looked outside, seems fine here.

smile.gif

M
Eric_Shea
Lose the wife...

Give her the extra Miata. The family will hate you and the grandkids won't come over any more. Problem solved. No Mini Van...

The only problem is figuring out which one only gets driven twice during the week.

(you're welcome) wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 12 2005, 07:05 PM)
Lose the wife...

Give her the extra Miata. The family will hate you and the grandkids won't come over any more. Problem solved. No Mini Van...

The only problem is figuring out which one only gets driven twice during the week.

(you're welcome) wink.gif

Sandy and I lol2.gif laugh.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif lol2.gif
xsboost90
giT rId of THe FoRen onE. beer3.gif
ninefourteener
No way...... lose both Miatas.. the S2000 is a sweet car.

Trade both Miatas in on a 4-Runner or the new Honda "big" SUV... can't remember what its called.
tat2dphreak
don't get rid of the S2000, lose the older miata, or get a lift-rack for your garage...

you can stack miatas 3 high right? wink.gif
scruz914
Is there any question about which one you are not getting rid of? biggrin.gif

I think the term "mini van" should be outlawed.
ben1440
drop the miata and get another honda, oddessy or pilot. Cant go wrong
tat2dphreak
don't get a damn SUV...

if you need to haul kids around a minivan is much nicer/comfy/safe... if you need a truck get a truck...

SUV's are for soccer-moms on cellphones putting on make-up and trying to put in their diaphram on the way back from the organic grocery store happy11.gif they actually need a minivan more, but are too worried the minivan isn't "cool"

and hell, if 5 people is the most you ever haul, get 1 sedan... a beamer or something with a big backseat... M5?!
TravisNeff
cut those two miatas in half and weld them together into a 4 seater
grantsfo
Lose one or both of the Miatas the Honda is a great car. Miata are a dime a dozen. If you miss one buy another when you get tired of the Honda.

I vote for the following to replace the Miata: SRT8 Dodge Magnum (there's something cool about 425 hp in a big station wagon), Audi All Road twin turbo, Porsche Cayenne, or how about the Subaru Forester XT.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (grantsfo @ May 13 2005, 10:03 AM)

I vote for the following to replace the Miata: SRT8 Dodge Magnum (there's something cool about 425 hp in a big station wagon),

agree.gif

The SRT8 line looks great. I read the Chrysler 300 srt8 roadtest report in Road and Track last night.

Bob
Midtowner
I just bought a Magnum RT and it's a great car! It kicks butt and handles reasonably well too! smile.gif
dakotaewing
The Magnums are fun to drive - Rented one at the WCC... Just make note the
the tires are not really what I would call a "performance tire" - at least for the TRACK !! - LOL

TE
SGB
I've got a 60K mile Nissan Quest I'll sell ya (swap for Miata?). I love the quest, Its just a maxima with big seats & a TV. I used to be embarassed, but then along came SUVs... A minivan is realistic. This is my 2nd quest. First one traded at 130k mi, still strong & comfy.
maf914
Get rid of a sportscar? Am I missing something? I've never based a vehicle buying decision on someone else's kids! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
just rent a van when they visit.
Dr. Roger
Those red Miata's are a dime a dozen.

You're the kind O guy that appreciates a unique ride. (look at your V8 teen =-))

Roger suggests the following:

1. Off that red Miata, maybe put the rims of the red one on the white one.

2. Replace the red car with the Toyota people mover.

3. Sell you 914 to me for cheap. biggrin.gif

Makes good sense to me..... BTW, i like your teener BLOG. How many horses is that beast??
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ May 13 2005, 07:55 AM)
The Magnums are fun to drive - Rented one at the WCC...

That was you, was it?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... The two most recent 914-oriented "performance driving" events you've been to, you've driven family-haulers each time. wink.gif

--DD (who really wishes he had access to his photos of TE autocrossing his Suburban at the MUSR!!)
DuckRyder
Trade them all on a Cayenne Turbo.

If you are only ditching one, the white miata for a Toureg TDI. biggrin.gif

TurtleGirl
agree.gif

I've been debating trading in my Passat for a Tourag. They are really roomy, fun to drive, enough power to do what you need without losing gas mileage. (TDI is the way to go.)

Lose the red miata... Not worth your time compared to the others!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.