Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have 180# rear springs for a Bilstein Shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
exultant1
Anyone have 180# rear springs for a Bilstein Shocks
I know Weltmeister has them but seems to be discontinued in several parts distributor.
Please let me know
mgp4591
QUOTE(exultant1 @ Jun 12 2017, 01:27 PM) *

I know Weltmeister has them but seems to be discontinued in several parts distributor.
Please let me know

They may have been discontinued because the springs fit the supplied bottom perches but don't seem to fit the stock upper caps per myself and Ferg. Have you seen other springs of that pressure that seem to work with stock equipment?
bdstone914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 12 2017, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(exultant1 @ Jun 12 2017, 01:27 PM) *

Please let me know

They may have been discontinued because the springs fit the supplied bottom perches but don't seem to fit the stock upper caps per myself and Ferg. Have you seen other springs of that pressure that seem to work with stock equipment?

On what year car ? The early springs were a smaller diameter and have specific perches, at least on the lower perches.
exultant1
Its for a 1976 914 with bilstein shocks
bdstone914
QUOTE(exultant1 @ Jun 12 2017, 10:51 PM) *

Its for a 1976 914 with bilstein shocks

What are you running up front for torsion bars and shocksto balance those 180 rear springs?

Stiff springs for a street car.
IronHillRestorations
My favorite for bigger engine cars, without getting too stiff is the 165 progressive springs on adjustable perches. I haven't gotten any in a long time, my old source was Dave Shepard (RIP)
LowBridge
I just replaced mine with coil-overs on my 75, but they are older so I'll double check them tonight for spring rate.
LowBridge
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Jun 13 2017, 02:46 PM) *

I just replaced mine with coil-overs on my 75, but they are older so I'll double check them tonight for spring rate.

Here are some pictures.. No markings but I bought these years ago and just replaced them with Rebel Racing coil-overs. along with some pictures of the springs I have the new Bilstein that came with the new shocks for the coil-overs.

take a look and let me know...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
screenguy914
Might this or similar pages help?
http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/spri...calc_comp_k.cfm

A more comprehensive spring guide:
http://www.centuryspring.com/compression/c...rings-long.html

Sherwood
LowBridge
QUOTE(screenguy914 @ Jun 13 2017, 07:38 PM) *

very cool links, but not really because both links require compressed measurements and I'm not putting them back on my car
exultant1
Found a set...thanks 914world
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.