Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rims I forgot name of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pistonboy
I apologize for the vague question I am about to ask.

I recently saw some rims I had never seen and cannot remember the name of them. The name was similar to "Mullier". They had for lug holes and I believe they were for 914 or VW.

I thought I had seen most all of the rims made and these came as a surprise.

Sorry for my vague information, but does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thank you
TheCabinetmaker
Why not try a search for + 914 wheels+

Btw, have you ever heard the term, one picture is worth a thousand words?
flmont
mahle
Frankvw
Sounding like Mullier........Mahle (as already mentioned) or maybe Mangels ? Turtle(backs) ?
rgalla9146
Mulholand...Minilite..
Mueller
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...wheel_types.htm

Note: Notice none are called "baby" , a terrible term some eBay.de wankers use smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Let's just call them Bob. biggrin.gif

That's as useful as anything, until we can see some pictures of said wheels.

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Maaaaw-Lllllaaaay
Mmmmmaw-Llay
Mmaww-Lay
Mawh-Leh
Mah-le
Mahle
Rand
biggrin.gif perfectly done, Jeff.
I confess to having called them "may-lee's" before because of my damned American accent. I love 'em and run 'em.
pistonboy
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 12 2017, 08:30 PM) *

Why not try a search for + 914 wheels+

Btw, have you ever heard the term, one picture is worth a thousand words?

You are absolutely correct about a picture being worth a thousand words.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the picture until I know the name to search for.
poorsche914
Pictures
driving.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 13 2017, 06:05 PM) *

What was wrong with the link I posted 3 posts before? shades.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif
Larmo63
Do these ring a bell?

Click to view attachment

(look close)
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 13 2017, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 13 2017, 06:05 PM) *

What was wrong with the link I posted 3 posts before? shades.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif
blink.gif I missed that rolleyes.gif

Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 13 2017, 06:20 PM) *

Do these ring a bell?

Maybe a bell-end. Or eight.

--DD
Rand

blink.gif I missed that rolleyes.gif

The OP did too. I'd have figured he'd comment on a similar style from those if he really wanted to know.
7TPorsh
Does EMPI make an 8 spoke wheel that is 914 backspace? I see CIP1 has one with 4.5" backspacing...
What's the stock backspace? I always see 4.5 to 4.75". Nothing exact.

Will 205/60 fit on a narrow body with 4.5" backspace?

I'm looking at these wheels!
rhodyguy
205 Fit? Sort of. A 5.5" wheel tends to 'side bulge' that size tire. Increasing the actual width and the potential for body rub. The 195 falkens on my car have "do not mount on 5.5" wheels" right on the side of them. I'm going to go to 185/65 15 falken ziexs on my car. $61.66 a pop with the current promotion @ pepboys. Take your center caps off prior to mounting new tires. More than likely the shop will remove then with a hammer and screwdriver.

Factory 4 lug fuch wheels have 4 5/8" from the back wheel face to a framing square layed on the inside wheel lip. I just went and measured.
drem914
7TPorsh, If you are interested, I will have a full set of those same 5-1/2" Empis available for sale in about a week when my 5-lug conversion is complete. Black center spokes and aluminum outer ring with Porsche-crested black center caps. I do have 205/60s on them and the tire does have a bit of a bulge to it as a result. They do fit very easily under a narrow body 914. They have been on my car when I first got it 30 years ago. I can send you photos if you like or post them here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.