Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 Reborn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott
Here's an article in Road and Track about a remake of the 904.
ArtechnikA
as much as i like the 904 - and as much as this sounds like a nice car -- the original 904 was -not- a "plastic monocoque". it was built on a plain ol' ladder frame (and not an especially ophisticated one at that) to which the fiberglass body parts were bonded.

don't mean to pick nits with the article, but sometimes, ya gotta wonder where these guys get this stuff ...
tryan
you can buy a fg 904 (6-8) from some boys in england. there was an article in excellence a few months back.
JmuRiz
ArtechnikA - It's ok, I actually thought the same thing when I saw the article biggrin.gif

Nathan
Aaron Cox
kinda cool...alot of money involved. didnt the orignal 904 have an engine similar to 917?
maf914
In the paddock vendor area at this year's Sebring 12 Hour Dave Beck (of Beck Spyder fame) had a 904 replica with 911 engine on display along with one of his Lister Chevy cars. Quite nice, but I don't think he has plans to market it.

Mike
Rouser
I don't know ... a 904 replica, costing pert-near as much as a 996TT, and it doesn't even go any faster than one?

Pretty as it looks, I'd take a 996TT, or maybe a GT3, instead.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 2 2003, 11:18 AM)
didnt the orignal 904 have an engine similar to 917?

no. 2,0-liter 4-cam 4-cylinder Carrera engine. a few ( ~5 ) of the last ones were made with 901 (911) 2,0-liter 6-cylinder engines - they were typed mostly as 904-6 although at least one has a 906 mfg plate.
drew365
In the paddock vendor area at this year's Sebring 12 Hour Dave Beck (of Beck Spyder fame) had a 904 replica with 911 engine on display along with one of his Lister Chevy cars. Quite nice, but I don't think he has plans to market it.

They have showed up at the short track at Willow Springs with that car a couple of times now and Randy blistered the track with it turning in second ttod on street tires. I love the style. The 904 and the Ferrari Dino will always look good. I want one like the Beck's have. I would'nt have the heart to tear up a real one.
Rog914
Tryan is right. Martin & Walker Limited makes the "Technic 904 GTS" that was in the Excellence artical a few months ago. There website is www.904gts.co.uk/ 71,000 euro dallars without engine & transaxle.

They have a U.S. distributor now in NC. They have a Technic 904 GTS with a 3.0L & 915 in to test drive (I think). there website is www.foreigncoachworks.com

Wish I had the money.

Ralph

74 2.0
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Rouser @ Jul 2 2003, 11:32 AM)
I don't know ... a 904 replica, costing pert-near as much as a 996TT, and it doesn't even go any faster than one?

Pretty as it looks, I'd take a 996TT, or maybe a GT3, instead.

Yeah....but any dickhead with a pocket of cash can get a TT.....a 904 replica or original is not going to pass itself down the street. Kind of like the 914s, only more expensive.... rolleyes.gif
tod914
The 904 and Dino 246 are my two of my favorite cars. The Dinos are around 90k, have no idea what a 904 is worth. 4 cam engine, pretty sweet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.