Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ok, need some advise and some help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
ok last nite the motor went into the two tone teener. Everything is hooking up nicely but im having some issues w/ differences between the harness on the new motor vs the original, and im missing some parts. I have some wiring on the ds that is not clear to me what it goes to. One harness is cut off....one is a red wire w/ a loop im not sure where it goes. Two of these goes to the heater fan and not sure where the others go...got all that?
xsboost90
im wondering if im missing some stuff on my fuse panel. Anyone?
xsboost90
anyone have a coil braket or a j-pipe for the he?
scotty914
early harnesses had the heater blower wires on the engine harness, later ones came out of the harness under the raly board
xsboost90
ok, well then i know where THOSE go...cant find where the three cut off wires go to... unsure.gif
Allan
The plug from the alternator is not there. That's what those wires are. Goes right next to the VR. The longer wires with the bullet connectors go back to the reverse light switch on the tranny.
xsboost90
ah, the three wires, thank you...ill check the bottom of the panel and see if the colors will line up thanks!...how bouts the red wire and the four others....
Allan
If the red wire is coming from the alternator harness, it goes to the starter.
Doug Leggins
Here is a pic from a 72. Shows the alternator harness connection.
redshift
ahhh... the colors of autum.

M
xsboost90
OH! to the starter? yeah! you sure! i have the yellow on the solenoid, and the batt cable, yeah i guess it does, under the batt cable huh. blink.gif THANKS EVERYONE!

how bout those other four now?
xsboost90
and what is this? i cant find anything close to tie it to that is obvious.
Allan
I think that goes to the oil pressure sender down in the sheetmetal right behind the oil cooler.
xsboost90
thats what i thought, it had a connector like it went to another wire, but that other side could be missing. I DONT have anything on the sender so ill try that. The reverse lights and such are already plugged in, but on the opposite end of that same harness are two more speaker style connectors going to no where, and another two more next to those.
Type 4 Unleashed

----------

The green wire in your hand goes to the oil sender. the other 2 in with the green wire the larger of the 2 is hot to the coil + side the other wire smaller is the lead for your tach, that goes to the negative side of the coil, I believe the rest have been explained. Except for the wire connector block, I believe that was for something for the FI
Allan
I was looking over your last pic and it looks like that wire comes fron the aux air valve. If so, there should be one coming out of the FI harness that it hooks up to.
xsboost90
ok...hahaha, how bout this- man will this make a great tech article- i have a wire coming from the "oil pan" going up through the sheet metal to no where...
Type 4 Unleashed
That wire is from the oil temp sender, do you have a center console, with a oil temp gauge?
Allan
What do you mean by "oil pan"? Is it the round plate on the left side of the bottom of the motor? If it is, that is the oil temp sender and should also go to a wire coming from the FI harness.
xsboost90
yeah bottom left of the motor in the center. I do not have a consule YET but do plan on some more guages. May not have a spot for this wire yet. Makes my job harder because i pulled my motor and sold it right after i bought this one, didnt quite take enough notes and pull all of the parts i needed. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.