Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear lower fire wall replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Guys,

I have heard many cut the rear firewall in half prior to installing for ease. Anyone have a picture of where they cut it ? I am trying to get this info to Chris so he can send it with my floor pan
Luke M
Hi Ben,

Are you replacing the full lower firewall with one of the RD parts?
When my brother did his it wasn't too bad to do. It was kinda of a pain to do the heater tubes which we deleted anyways. Other then that there was no need to cut the firewall to install it. If you have the longs open on one side you could remove one of the tubes which will help the install.
cary
I tried doing it without cutting on Mark's For Sale car. The angle of the heater tubes and the center tubes wouldn't let me get it done. Here's where I cut ................

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2367988
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jun 13 2017, 06:00 AM) *

Hi Ben,

When my brother did his it wasn't too bad to do. It was kinda of a pain to do the heater tubes which we deleted anyways. Other then that there was no need to cut the firewall to install it. If you have the longs open on one side you could remove one of the tubes which will help the install.

Yes I am.. I was thinking it would just be easier around all the heater control tubes?
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 13 2017, 07:13 AM) *

Hi Ben,

Yes I am.. I was thinking it would just be easier around all the heater control tubes?

I believe you have the rear pan half off already. If you cut around the tubes then once the old firewall is off grind down the left over metal on each tube. We ended up replacing the inner half section as well so that helped out too. The e-brake cable and heater tubes would need to be removed/re install as the have the curve to them. I do not recall any other issue with the other tubes.

Some pics of install here :

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...12849&st=20
mb911
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 13 2017, 06:10 AM) *

I tried doing it without cutting on Mark's For Sale car. The angle of the heater tubes and the center tubes wouldn't let me get it done. Here's where I cut ................

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2367988

that helps thanks
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jun 13 2017, 06:37 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 13 2017, 07:13 AM) *

Hi Ben,

I believe you have the rear pan half off already. If you cut around the tubes then once the old firewall is off grind down the left over metal on each tube. We ended up replacing the inner half section as well so that helped out too. The e-brake cable and heater tubes would need to be removed/re install as the have the curve to them. I do not recall any other issue with the other tubes.

Some pics of install here :

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...12849&st=20

That helps as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.