Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB - 1.7 intake hose NEW $22.50 each!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
We've been asked by numerous customers to make these. We finally have got to the point we can.
These will be ready in 8-10 weeks.

Who's in?
yellowporky
I will be first.
Thanks for doing this
Chris
RAX914
Are you talking about the 1.7 Air intake elbow?

If so, I'm in!
Mikey914
QUOTE(RAX 914 @ Jun 13 2017, 11:46 AM) *

If so, I'm in!

Yep you got it.
Mark
yellowporky
This be itClick to view attachment
rhodyguy
I wonder if it is the same one for the 411/412. Sweet for you if it was.
yellowporky
When available AA and Sierra Madre were charging $85. Please people support this GB its a great price
walterolin
One!

914_teener
Hey Mark,

The inlet side to the air cleaner was always a pain with these that had the paper filter air cleaner.

Did you make that side a little larger?

Thanks for doing these....the ones AA had a while ago were a POS and I waited 3 months.
RAX914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 13 2017, 12:47 PM) *

QUOTE(RAX 914 @ Jun 13 2017, 11:46 AM) *

If so, I'm in!

Yep you got it.
Mark
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Jun 13 2017, 03:00 PM) *

Thanks Mark, I was hoping you would start making these....I'm still in!
gus'914
One, please
plas76targa
Mark, I'll buy one too.
You will email us when these are ready?
hndyhrr
Put me on the list, thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Jun 13 2017, 04:23 PM) *

When available AA and Sierra Madre were charging $85. Please people support this GB its a great price

One of the reasons I decided to make it was the quality issue and now I understand they are no longer making it.
Frankvw
Hi Mark, thanks for great new product. How are the shipping costs for this item to Europe ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Jun 15 2017, 03:27 AM) *

Hi Mark, thanks for great new product. How are the shipping costs for this item to Europe ?

We can do these pretty inexpensively... but the cost per part goes down when you get more stuff biggrin.gif
1adam12
These will work with the 1.7 oil bath filter type as well right?
Mikey914
Yes that's what it's for. Ref part B022129967
jesse7flying
I'm in for one as well. Thanks.
mark04usa
Will your repro include the tab for the mounting clip?

Here's a photo from the owner's manual:
Click to view attachment

Also, are there not several versions of the intake hose for 1.7's?
yellowporky
with how nice the repro stacked vacuum fitting that i just received from 914rubber.com i am very excited to see the quality of this part when available.
Thanks again for what you do Mark!
Chris
1adam12
Count me in!
Jett
I'll take one please.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Jun 21 2017, 12:56 PM) *

Will your repro include the tab for the mounting clip?

Here's a photo from the owner's manual:
Click to view attachment

Also, are there not several versions of the intake hose for 1.7's?

Well I pulled the one from my 1.7 motor, I'll check to see if it has this option on it. If not I can probably add without too much work.

Anyone have some actual pics of this installation?
mxkinn01
Mark, count me in for one as well. From the research I've done the 1.7 oil bath air cleaner elbows have a clasp and the paper element type 1.7 just slide into one another.

Here is the paper element type.
Click to view attachment

Mine is no bueno.
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
We have started the process on these and are lets say 6-8 weeks out for the full production run. Now's your chance to save a ton of cash on these.
1adam12
BUMP!

How's development coming guys? Any new eta on the release yet?
Kansas 914
I am in for 1 - thanks as always!
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 13 2017, 10:38 AM) *

We've been asked by numerous customers to make these. We finally have got to the point we can.
These will be ready in 8-10 weeks.

Who's in?

I will take one at that estimated price. It's a great deal.
Mike D.
Mikey914
Yes it is a deal. These are still in the drawing phase. I should be complete in about a week. The tool will take another 3-4 we will do some 1st articles and production run 3-4 weeks or so after as there are always some tweaks.

If you have a 1.7 I highly recommend you sign up for this one as after these will be $48 each.
r3dplanet
I'm in for one please.
lvnzdrm
I'm in for one. Looks like I need to put another list together. Thanks Mark and 914 Guys
BillC
I'll take one, too.
Mikey914
I need someone that has a 1.7 up and running to do a check fit for me. I do need feedback in short order.
Any takers PM me. Just need one, but MUST provide feedback in short order.
Thanks,
Mark
BillC
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 1 2017, 07:04 PM) *

I need someone that has a 1.7 up and running to do a check fit for me. I do need feedback in short order.
Any takers PM me. Just need one, but MUST provide feedback in short order.
Thanks,
Mark

PM sent.
Mikey914
Thanks Bill I'll get you one out to check.
913B
I am in for one.
lvnzdrm
I'm in for 1.
Mikey914
I've got 2 guys that will be testing these out. As soon as I get some feedback we can turn these loose.
Thanks all!
Mark
71914-4
Mark,

I received the intake hose this Saturday & test fit it Sunday. Connection at throttle body, air cleaner, & vacuum hose are tight and leak free. Having trouble downloading photos, will post as soon as I can. smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
Thanks. I look forward to seeing.
Anyone have a picture of the metal clamp? We may be able to make them too.
Mark
euro911
Put me down for one as well, Mark. I think the one that was on Dianne's car was still in fairly good condition, but with the new motor rebuild almost done, probably a good idea to have a fresh one in there biggrin.gif
Mikey914
I've checked the part with the pieces that fit in, and it seems to be a nice fit Should have more here soon.
mark
yellowporky
And then?
Mikey914
And then we go into full production!
I should be able to ship product in about 4 weeks. Unfortunately the process on making these parts is a long process. What I might not have mentioned is we made 2 versions for the testing. one was a little softer. The other the same hardness as the OEM. After feedback we will be keeping just like OEM. Now we order the rubber in and start the process. A small snag is the company that makes the rubber we use for many items is based in Houston, and they are only now coming back on line and filling back orders, so the time line is a little stretched out on a few of our parts.

Mikey914
double post
yellowporky
And then and then
Mikey914
IN production. The place I get my rubber from manufactures the product in Houston, so it's been a little kink in the supply chain. We do have a bunch of material inbound soon.
Mark
Mikey914
We are starting the production run this weekend and will have product Monday, So I'll be getting this on the site with a few other goodies so we can ship together if you want.

yellowporky
bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.