Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CDR 23 Becker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
as per title,picked up one of these Becker really cheap,if they are crap tell me and it will go in my 944 which I'am selling.
Click to view attachment
TIA.
ndfrigi
That should be nice in a 914 as long it will fit the original hole!
jim_hoyland
I used a Becker 220CDR for years; it fit fine.
porschetub
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 14 2017, 11:14 AM) *

I used a Becker 220CDR for years; it fit fine.

Thanks guys,presume its standard DIN mount anyway ?,research indicates they have the ability to connect direct to speakers from one rear plug or another optional plug runs them thru a separate power amp which from then on was usually a Bose system...remembering this is a late model unit.
JmuRiz
Should work, but if you want to get rid of it, let me know. My brother needs a head unit for his now-street-able 968 race car biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Many Becker radios have a provision for an auxiliary input such as aCD changer or iPod. IIRC, the blue/green optional connector works with iPod. The user manual will identify all the plugs and pin outs.
theer
I could be wrong, but I thought only the CDR220 will work and then only as long as you have the activation "code".

The newer CDR23 gets the code from the car it was in (ecu? Gauge cluster?), so won't work in any other car.

Would be cool if you got it to work... it will fit and looks great.
porschetub
QUOTE(theer @ Jun 14 2017, 02:53 PM) *

I could be wrong, but I thought only the CDR220 will work and then only as long as you have the activation "code".

The newer CDR23 gets the code from the car it was in (ecu? Gauge cluster?), so won't work in any other car.

Would be cool if you got it to work... it will fit and looks great.

Thanks for your answer and you are 100% correct,only the cdr220 can be recoded as the code is stored in the headunit,the cdr23 gets its code from the cars ecu .
Those units appear to have caused many owners issues if they are removed or the battery goes flat or is disconnected,some forums mentioned dealers were unable to help or suggested a replacement unit,sounds like a huge PITA.
Because I purchased this in an auction I have the right to pull out of the deal and the seller is happy with this,no money lost so all's well.
Thanks to all for answers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.