Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License plate frame Green Motors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
banananose914
I grew up in the City of Norwalk and this dealership was near my house. I know that it was a Volkswagen dealership and that the frame only has VW symbols but it holds some great memories for me. As you can see I have the rear frame, but I would also like to have one for the front. I can have it rechromed, so if it's faded but in good shape but needs some help, that's not a problem. Let me know. Thanks, Jim. Click to view attachment
banananose914
I would like this for my 6 restoration. If you have this and are interested in trading for parts, I might have what you are looking for. If you would like to sell one, let me know how much. Hopefully I won't have to sell my wife into slavery. Let me know. Thanks again, Jim.
Blue6
Is that a polar bear in the reflection on the bumper? If so you need to be very very careful.
bdstone914
And your tags are a little out of date. I am going to need to report this to the authorities. poke.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 13 2017, 04:41 PM) *

I grew up in the City of Norwalk and this dealership was near my house. I know that it was a Volkswagen dealership and that the frame only has VW symbols but it holds some great memories for me. As you can see I have the rear frame, but I would also like to have one for the front. I can have it rechromed, so if it's faded but in good shape but needs some help, that's not a problem. Let me know. Thanks, Jim. Click to view attachment

I too grew up in Norwalk, then Cerritos so I remember this dealership well. I used to skateboard by there on my way to Golf n Stuff in the mid-late 70's.

Best of luck!!!!

gcrotvik
I would watch eBay. I just did a search for "vintage license plate frame california" and reviewed 1,206 listings. None for Green Motors, Norwalk.
banananose914
I think the one near Golf N Stuff was a Porsche dealership with the name of Al Green Motors. That was on Firestone near the 605 freeway.
It was affiliated with Green Motors Volkswagen which was on Rosecrans west of the 5 freeway. Al Green Porsche then became Janaco Porsche and is now McKenna Porsche. We used to ride our skateboards in the 605 river bed until they put the humps in after that one guy died from a head injury. I remember going into the Al Green Porsche dealership and figuring I would never make enough money to buy one. Seems like yesterday. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
banananose914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jun 14 2017, 08:40 AM) *

I would watch eBay. I just did a search for "vintage license plate frame california" and reviewed 1,206 listings. None for Green Motors, Norwalk.

Thank you for looking out for me. Jim
banananose914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jun 13 2017, 10:26 PM) *

Is that a polar bear in the reflection on the bumper? If so you need to be very very careful.

This damn global warming stuff has really affected me. That one was wandering around out front. I found another one on the pool yesterday.
banananose914
Beuller, Beuller?
Blue6
I have one from "lime" green motors. Close enough? biggrin.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 16 2017, 06:47 PM) *

Beuller, Beuller?

I got the Trans Ocean Motors...grew up in Pasadena... for the same reason.

I got it from a guy at the Phoenix Club swap. He was right near PMB's tent inside a couple of years back.

Let me dig around my business cards in my home office. He is a regular there and he had almost every dealership in SoCal with him. Surprised Dave doesn't have it.
Blue6
Went to Bug-o-Rama today at OC fairgrounds. One of the swap meet guys had numerous crates of frames from both Porsche and VW dealers. None from green motors... icon_bump.gif
banananose914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 17 2017, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 16 2017, 06:47 PM) *

Beuller, Beuller?

I got the Trans Ocean Motors...grew up in Pasadena... for the same reason.

I got it from a guy at the Phoenix Club swap. He was right near PMB's tent inside a couple of years back.

Let me dig around my business cards in my home office. He is a regular there and he had almost every dealership in SoCal with him. Surprised Dave doesn't have it.

Thank you, Sir. I appreciate that.
banananose914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jun 17 2017, 07:59 AM) *

I know where you live, Dave. Realize that I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, so beware!
Blue6
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 17 2017, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Blue6 @ Jun 17 2017, 07:59 AM) *

I know where you live, Dave. Realize that I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, so beware!

Here, there, everywhere... you quoting the Beatles now? I'm impressed, didn't think you young guys knew about good music. grouphug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.