Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 914 Body, Up For Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
XtremeDubWerks
This is a body that the customer decided he no longer wanted to use. It's been sand blasted and is beginning to accumulate surface rust. You can buy the whole thing or specify a part and the places to make the cuts, and I will cut it out for you. All transactions will be completed through PayPal. Prices vary, depending on the section you need. You are welcome to e-mail me to request close up photos of specific sections. There is also a complete front suspension assembly and a transaxle available. $100-$800 plus shipping and handling fees. We are located in Bend, Oregon and can certainly negotiate delivery to any location along the I-5 corridor and or locations such as Idaho and Nevada. xtremedubwerks@gmail.com Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
FYI That is a 75 or 76 tub, not a 73.
euro911
... and missing the VIN tag at the windshield 'A' pillar. (Needed if someone wants to build a street car) idea.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 14 2017, 05:29 PM) *
... and missing the VIN tag at the windshield 'A' pillar. (Needed if someone wants to build a street car) idea.gif

Could be a non-US spec 914... they didn't have the A pillar VIN tag. I had a '74 without the tag - had a GB 2.0 case and metric speedo.

driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 14 2017, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 14 2017, 05:29 PM) *

Could be a non-US spec 914... they didn't have the A pillar VIN tag. I had a '74 without the tag - had a GB 2.0 case and metric speedo.

driving.gif

Has side marker wart holes. That's US spec...
XtremeDubWerks
Here are the VIN tags. Being a VW guy for several years, I assumed the third number in the VIN was the last digit of the year. Based on what I have found online, this is a 73. Am I missing something?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
XtremeDubWerks
OK so, I looked at the color chart and the color code shown IS specific to 75-76 model years. Are these not VIN tags? I am definitely not familiar with the 914s.
euro911
The (front & rear) shock-absorber type bumper mounts would be indicative of a '75/'76. It also has the front fuel pump location.

Does it appear to have had section work performed? ... late front and rear clips on a '73 mid-section?

confused24.gif
XtremeDubWerks
OK, it's been confirmed. I just heard back from the owner and it IS a '75. I edited the main heading of the post to reflect the change. Yes, it has had section repair to both front fenders. The owner has all of the badges and tags, so if someone wanted to take this body and make into a street car again, it would be doable.
euro911
The 4739079 doesn't contain enough digits to be a valid VIN. Check in the front trunk and rear trunks for the VIN numbers ... they'll be stamped in the inner side of the fenders on the passenger side.

There should also be an aluminum VIN tag in the lower left corner of the windshield ... maybe it's in a bucket of parts the owner has in his possessions?
XtremeDubWerks
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 17 2017, 01:37 PM) *

The 4739079 doesn't contain enough digits to be a valid VIN. Check in the front trunk and rear trunks for the VIN numbers ... they'll be stamped in the inner side of the fenders on the passenger side.

There should also be an aluminum VIN tag in the lower left corner of the windshield ... maybe it's in a bucket of parts the owner has in his possessions?

Yep, the owner has the VIN tags and the title. He confirmed it's a 75. I will be in So Cal this coming weekend. Know anyone who could use what I have? I can deliver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.