Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any diff between 73 and 74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I'm saving money to restore pinky, and I'd like to know if the 73 platform is better than the 74
skline
You are kidding right? I thought everyone knew that the only body diff was in 75/76. In fact, if you ordered a replacement panel from Porsche, you would get a 75/76 part.
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 12 2005, 08:59 PM)
I'm saving money to restore pinky, and I'd like to know if the 73 platform is better than the 74

Only in somebody's mind.

In reality the answer would be yes....The '74....it has existed one year less to rust. cool.gif
jonwatts
You guys are mean. Don't you think he'd want to know that the '73 and earlier cars are made of aluminum?

TravisNeff
Boy you guys are relentless on busting Britt's chops. The only difference body wise that I am aware of is the rear bumper. Interior that is when they went to platic faced gauges, other than that???
skline
I dont consider bumpers and interiors, body panels. The only difference in panels is the lip on the later models that held the bumper rubber to the body and the lip along the front of the trunk for the rubber also. Interiors changed almost every year as with the bumpers. Body parts are body parst and are interchangeable between any year. There, is that clear enough answer?
There were some difference in interior trunks and floors but you didnt ask about that.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ May 12 2005, 09:01 PM)
Boy you guys are relentless on busting Britt's chops.

Don't get me started... mad.gif Well, dry.gif Oh, ok cool_shades.gif
Dead Air
There wasn't a difference in stiffening on the 2.0??
Bleyseng
Yes, the 2.0l came with less rust from the factory. Thats why they are faster! biggrin.gif
SGB
driving.gif rust = lightness = faster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.