Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 10th Annual BBQ, August 5th 2017, In Portage Indiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
I need to clean the garage out so It's offical!

The 10th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on Saturday August 5th 2017. So save the day!

If possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys.

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).
GaroldShaffer
Pictures from past years.
McMark
Well if I can't make this one, I better sell everything and quit.

Added it to my calendar.
gms
Count me in!
jat914
Would like to be there, but Arizona is too far of a trip!!
JP3
I have to check my calendar but will try to make it. I was there last year and had a great time.
GeorgeRud
Thanks for hosting this again, it's a great time.
TM_Corey
Wife and I are planning on coming up!

It's the perfect excuse to miss my 25th class reunion.
orthobiz
Dang! Vacationing in Quebec...

Paul
Chris H.
That gives me just under 7 weeks... idea.gif ...I'm in. Found that clutch pulley IOU BTW biggrin.gif .
McMark
icon_bump.gif

Also posted an event on Facebook. Hopefully that's okay Garold!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 27 2017, 11:40 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Also posted an event on Facebook. Hopefully that's okay Garold!

Yep. I forgot about the FB page. smilie_pokal.gif
Mike Fitton
Damn, conflict again. The 6 was invited to the Milwaukee Concours d'Elegance for that weekend. Saturday 8/5 is the driving tour, show on Sunday.
Camaro Mike
Thanks for hosting this. Looking forward to it.

Mike
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Just a few weeks away
earossi
Hi Garold,

Though my 914 now resides with my son in Idaho, I plan on attending. I plan on driving my beat up 997 to the event if that is alright.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Just over a week away.
injunmort
not this year, but maybe next. planning on moving to mi. in the next 12-18 months
Chris H.
I STILL THINK I'm gonna make it with the 914aru beerchug.gif. Very close to extended-trip-roadworthy.
earossi
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 26 2017, 11:08 PM) *

I STILL THINK I'm gonna make it with the 914aru beerchug.gif. Very close to extended-trip-roadworthy.

Chris,

If you break down, I can give you a lift from Naperville.
TM_Corey
I'll be leaving the Lebanon, IN area around 9am Eastern if anyone wants to group up from Indy or down south.

I'll be in the 914 with one Rugrats and the wife will be in the 997 with the other rugrat.
Chris H.
QUOTE(earossi @ Jul 30 2017, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 26 2017, 11:08 PM) *

Chris,

If you break down, I can give you a lift from Naperville.

Thanks Ernie! I should be good but it's nice to have a backup plan.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif getting closer
Freezin 914
Hi everyone, contemplating the trip down, do you all have a confirmed count? Also do this event go on rain or shine?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Aug 2 2017, 03:55 PM) *

Hi everyone, contemplating the trip down, do you all have a confirmed count? Also do this event go on rain or shine?

No confirmed count but usually around 20-30 people during the afternoon and 15+ or so 914s (or other Porsche cars) Yes rain or shine the party goes on.
snakemain
Rained in 2015 in the afternoon. Fun was still had by all.

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Not all of them rain! Great turnout at Garrold's in past years, and I'm hoping to make it again this year (though not with my car).Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
Ok, I keep seeing an olyimpic blue car with five lug Fuchs, members car? I had taken a photo of it at Road America at vintage weekend.
designerguy90
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Aug 2 2017, 06:55 PM) *

Ok, I keep seeing an olyimpic blue car with five lug Fuchs, members car? I had taken a photo of it at Road America at vintage weekend.

That was my old car. I sold it last fall to Brian Hughes of Fuelfed.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(designerguy90 @ Aug 3 2017, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Aug 2 2017, 06:55 PM) *

That was my old car. I sold it last fall to Brian Hughes of Fuelfed.

aktion035.gif I am a fan!
McMark
Getting my car ready. boldblue.gif

See ya'll tomorrow. Can only stay for a few hours though... beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
piratenanner.gif drunk.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif MDB2.gif party.gif rocking nana.gif jsharp.gif

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gms
See you tomorrow buddy!
TM_Corey
Today's the day!!!

Leaving in less then two hours. This will be my first 50 mile plus drive since the rebuild. Wish me luck!!
McMark
cheer.gif
GeorgeRud
I won't be able to join you folks today, but wanted to wish everyone my best and have a great time! Please be sure to post pictures so we can at least be there over the Internet.
timothy_nd28
Sadly, I can't make it this year either. We have a new addition to the family, and still adjusting beerchug.gif

Hope everyone has a great time.
McMark
beer3.gif
McMark
chowtime.gif
McMark
beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Sorry to miss it at the last minute (again). Strained my back a bit lifting this piggy on to the engine stand yesterday.

Was fine until this morning... headbang.gif

Enjoy the day! Great weather for it!

Edit: yeah it's upside down too.. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Wishing I was there. sad.gif
Camaro Mike
Thank you for hosting this great event!
Camaro Mike
One more shot of the driveway.
Mike Fitton
Sorry I missed it this year but I was up in Milwaukee today visiting with Glenn's best friend.

Click to view attachment
fixer34
Too late to make the pictures.

Garold; good times and thanks for the hospitality.
Freezin 914
Thank you guys for a great afternoon filled with all things 914! I had a great time meeting you! P.S. Garold thank you for hosting this great event! Cheers! smilie_pokal.gif
TM_Corey
Wife and I had a great time!! She's actually getting into this "car thing". piratenanner.gif

Very special thanks to Garold & Julie for hosting and Garold and Brad for putting up with all my newbie questions. Was also great meeting everyone in person. Wish I would have asked everyone's screen name so I could start putting faces to posts.

We headed from the cookout to the lake. Couldn't drive to the end of Indiana without seeing that beautiful blue water and the famous Indiana Dunes.
GaroldShaffer
It was great to see everyone. Couldn't ask for a more prefect weather. Thanks to all that made it and to those who couldn't we will be doing it again next year. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.