Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for Rick's 918-S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I saw Rick's front brake set up in the 240 brake pic thread,, and I have a few questions.
You mention that you're using 2002 brakes, are they off a Tii or a regular model?
Did you have to do any machine work?
Did the calipers require a spacer for the vented front rotors?
I would like to run a similiar front brake set up, where did you get the hard lines?

If anybody else knows feel free to chime in,, biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

rick 918-S
I'm running un-vented re-drilled stock 914 rotors, The calipers came off a 1972 BMW 2002. (not Tii) My car is a 1972. The front hubs had the reinforcement web. Someone may be able to confirm these are the later style. These were a direct bolt on. No spacers or machine work required. The pads track in the exact path as the stock calipers did. As I understand the popular BMW 320 conversion requires machine work and the pads overhang the outside of the rotor.

You gain more than a 1/3 more friction surface and a 4 piston design without converting to vented rotors and huge heavy calipers. Part of the 914 handling comes from the reduction of unsprung weight. (swaybars help too laugh.gif )

I made the lines up myself using a bubble flaring tool. I made a line bender like a minature pipe bender to shape the lines. I'm sure you can purchase a line bender but at 2:00 am... I just made one. smash.gif

My lines look cool but it sure would be nice to have the Mueller adapter for the duel to single lines though... wub.gif
Rotary'14
Muchos Gracias for the info Rick! smilie_pokal.gif

-Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.