Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License Plate Frame - Metropolitan Porsche - Audi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Next
Noticed that Calvinator was recently successful in finding a vintage frame from his car's selling dealer. Thought I'd at least give it a try.

My '73 2.0 was sold new in July of '73 at Metropolitan Porsche - Audi in Maplewood MN. If anyone has, or knows of a lead on a license plate frame from Metropolitan, please let me know.

Thanks

Steve
Cal
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 17 2017, 05:58 AM) *

Noticed that Calvinator was recently successful in finding a vintage frame from his car's selling dealer. Thought I'd at least give it a try.

My '73 2.0 was sold new in July of '73 at Metropolitan Porsche - Audi in Maplewood MN. If anyone has, or knows of a lead on a license plate frame from Metropolitan, please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Here you go....the seller, Fred Baker, puts on one of the best all German car show events in PA.....the Deutsche Classic. Fred is a trusted seller.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=1880811

914Next
QUOTE(Cal @ Jun 17 2017, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks

Steve

Here you go....the seller, Fred Baker, puts on one of the best all German car show events in PA.....the Deutsche Classic. Fred is a trusted seller.

Wow Jeff! Thanks! I'll connect with him. I seem to recall that these can be restored or at least cleaned up a bit. I'll send him a note and ask about it. Seems a bit pricey but perhaps not for a vintage frame.

Regards,

Steve
914_7T3
Found my frame on the Samba as well.

There were also some great tips on restoration posted on the Gateway plate frame thread by Tom T that you can use to restore it.

Pricing seems actually in line with what they are going for. You'd think they were gold plated for some of the asking prices that I've seen.

Good luck with it.
914Next

Thanks

Steve

Ive tried to reach him Cal but no response. Will keep trying. Thanks.
914Next

Thanks

Steve

Thanks, Jeff! I appreciate the heads-up on this plate frame!!

Click to view attachment
914_7T3
Congrats! A nice bit of history that stays with these cars as they move to other parts of the country over time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.